Chuck Martin Extension

https://x.com/jackschmelznger/status/1778090068571291673?s=46&t=ZH1fFGwu8Q0191V3SgsUtQ

7 Likes

Very nice! Congrats to CM. He has earned it

1 Like

BIg step up (relatively) in pay! Credit to DS on this. Also, wonder if there is a buyout?

2 Likes

More importantly, I wonder if this included any increase in the staff salary pool?

2 Likes

contract is HERE

1 Like

No idea why the athletic department wouldn’t announce this on the website/social media. It’s been a month now…

3 Likes

What I find really intriguing in reading the specifics of the contract is under the bonus provisions is that is lists additional compensation for winning the MAC or “successor conference” title. Wondering if there is any calculus there, or just covering bases.

2 Likes

Good to see this get done - Coach Martin is very deserving of this and he truly has embraced being in Oxford. I am pleased to see Miami step up and put the position at a higher level. Now let’s support the program - attendance and $$ :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Automatic one year extension for each season with 8+ wins.

1 Like

Buyouts:

If Miami fires with
4+ years: $2.25 M
3 years: $1.5 M
2 years: $1 M
<2 years: remaining salary

If Martin leaves in
2024/2025: $1 M
2026: $750k
2027 or later: $500k
Final year of contract: $0

3 Likes

Congrats to Coach Martin. Well deserved!

3 Likes

That new contract puts Chuck near the very top in the MAC – where he deserves to be.

3 Likes

Will be tied for third with WMU’s Lance Taylor. Big bump from third to last.

Do most MAC coaches have a retention bonus? If not, I’m guessing Chuck’s total compensation per year is actually higher than Taylor’s.

1 Like

Looks like you’d be correct

1 Like

For someone who understands contracts what’s the point of breaking things up. Is it a funding source thing? Like Miami pays the base and they have a donor paying the bonus?

Those buyout numbers suck

I think that section is referring to when we bump NW, Purdue, or Indiana out of the B10 thru the relegation system. :laughing:

1 Like

Compared to what? It’s more than Candle’s buyout at Toledo. Who has a higher annual salary than Chuck and is probably considered more of a P5 candidate at this point.

1 Like

The buyout numbers are offset by the fact that we wouldn’t have to pay the $250k retention bonus if he were to be fired or take another job.