CHAMPIONSHIP SATURDAY (MIAMI VS AKRON)

True. Suder can play anywhere. I hope comes back to those who believed in him. But, I’m a realist. He might be a pro prospect.

Some checks have to be written to keep guys like that around…

2 Likes

Overloaded site. I can’t read on a small device. Anus.

I don’t think he’s an NBA-level talent, but the more pressing issue is that he’d be a hell of a second-unit “three-and-D” guy on a national title caliber team with a lot of NIL to spend. (Honestly, a certain rival school down the road from my graduate alma mater in Durham could use a guy like him, particularly now that RJ Davis has used up all eleven years of eligibility.)

I want any postseason game just in the hopes that it helps everyone move forward and look to next season. Postseason helping to forget this game isn’t realistic.

Edit: Also… fartknockers.

1 Like

I gave up on MAC officials a long time ago. Unfortunately, it is what it is, and it will be with Mike Sanzere as the director of MAC officials.

4 Likes

Try hockey with all the officials that drive to Oxford from Ann Arbor,
Can’t get paid until they hit S.Ohio. Lunch meat refs at Goggin.

Elmer’s second foul

The ridiculous out of bounds call involving Suder in front of our bench

Suder’s third foul

Potter’s fourth foul

It was generally another example of being unable to balance a physical game. No consistency.

3 Likes

I’m too mad to comment. This was ours

1 Like

It’s the hope that kills you

Fuck me

2 Likes

I thought we would pull it out right to the end. Our guys never quit and didn’t panic all year long. Yes, the refs were bad and have been through the tournament, but we couldn’t overcome them tonight. I’d love to see us in the NIT, but that seems unlikely. The CBI is out. What a stunningly great year— This team was so fun to watch. I am sorry to see it end, but can’t wait for next year. Yellow, you saw where this was headed early on, and it is still headed there! Love and honor.

1 Like

14 fouls on us, 9 on them
5 FTAs for us, 16 for them
3 points from the line for us, 13 for them

That ain’t right

5 Likes

In every dream I had we won. I am stunned. I know we have this going correct, but it feels like we lost to Miss State on a last second field goal.

I guess Travis gets fired tmrow. Maybe Greg was right. Greg, bring him his papers and bring in whoever was better to hire even though we won more games than ever and were under 60 seconds away from winning it all.

It was a great great fun season and a terrible last 35 seconds

How did the crowd look on tv? I thought it was pretty good in person but only listed at slightly over 7,000 which might be the lowest ever

2 Likes

Mass migration next season to Akron!

Haven’t felt this shitty about a sports outcome in a long time… guess that’s a good thing in a way.

/pours another Miami NIL bourbon

7 Likes

Ouch!
Now that hurts!!

That loss reminded my young fanhood of the Cincinnati loss in 2021

I know, but you can’t give up as many offensive rebounds as we did and expect to win. And the one play I might go back and watch is the side out of bounds in which the MAC player of the year is uncovered and dribbles his way into an easy 8 foot floater to tie the game. That can’t happen that late in the game.

That was out of a timeout. It almost looked like we went zone and someone forgot and the left foul line extended was just empty…