Central Michigan men at Miami Thursday night

I would be thrilled if all 7 of the final names you listed leave- I would much rather find a replacement for all of them

Can’t comment on Tatum…never seen…Beck I’d keep as role player.

Looks like no Mac tournament thanks saylor for extending Owens saylor needs fired and owens

1 Like

One team came ready for a comfortable victory. The other team came ready to fight and that team won. We didn’t have nearly the same energy as Tuesday. We settled for way too many perimeter shots. A team fighting for their postseason lives can’t afford a lackluster effort. There’s no excuse for that, especially in what was arguably the most important game of the season against a team that had to bus over and had less prep time. On top of all of that, a freshman point guard significantly outplayed our more experienced backcourt. Again, a team as experienced as ours shouldn’t be as wildly inconsistent with something simple as effort level. But I shouldn’t be surprised, sadly.

3 Likes

Is my math correct that CMU went on a 30-3 run in the second half?

2 Likes

Yes. Painful to watch

All of the following is open to change based on the current state of things, but my understanding is that Lairy and Grant have committed to return. Eli is graduating and leaving and the staff will likely look to bring in a Juco big. I guess time will tell if this direction holds.

3 Likes

Now, in terms of the coaching staff, I have been quiet for the last 2 years, trying not to jump on them and add to the negativity. I can’t sit and ignore the complete failure this program has become any longer. I have supported the basketball program with my presence at games and significant financial support. I cannot accept that Miami basketball is this bad because of an old and inadequate arena. How is it that we cannot even compete in the top half of the MAC - am I to believe that we can’t match the resources of CMU or Ball State? - this is complete and utter bullshit and the excuses have to stop and that needs to start in the office of the AD!

The right coach could make something happen - find the right leader and the team will turn and the plan to renovate the arena will likely accelerate too. The thing is, why would one throw $$ into something that is currently broken? Big donors are not unlike smaller donors like myself - they are more likely to commit their resources to a model that works and has the right leadership in place. Miami doesn’t accept poor results in all other elements of the university - we don’t do things in a crappy way - we must demand that this gets fixed - the basketball team has our name on the jersey - it’s time to make this right.

12 Likes

PREACH

Jack Owens…coming to your gym soon with “The Art of getting a Stop”

lol

Miami hoops is a joke, has been for years. Glad I didn’t waste time listening

I completed forgot this s was happening. My wife and I went to the Apple store to discuss a few problems (they were great BTW). Then to dinner. Returned home and fixed the photo editing stuff and went to bed. A better night than I would have had watching or checking on the game.

Beat Down at home, by 6 (err 7) and 19 team, 30 to 3 run…not making this up.

What else can be said…will be interesting to see what the rematch reveals, but that’s about it.

1 Like

Miami doesn’t care about the program. Removing a bad coach would show they care, so nope….he’ll get another extension in a year or two.

I can see the presser now:

“Made 3 out of the last five MAC Tourneys”
“Does not like Zones”
“Never Punched an opposing teams Assistant”

Jack seems like a great person…so I truly kid, but when you are paid half a million at a ZERO pressure job like Miami, and respond with beat downs to 6 and 19 teams and an average of 14 wins per season…you gotta go.

1 Like

“Current HC of the team Szczerbiak played for.”
“Has double-digit wins in every season.”
“Undefeated against non-D1 opponents.”

You talking about Herb?

That last one, undefeated against non-D1 opponents is something Coach Cooper and coach Martin cannot claim.

That is good information. It still leaves several unknowns involving the other guys I listed.

We have 15 guys on scholarship this season, we have to get down to 13 for next year. We already have 2 commits from high school seniors, and Brown and Ayah will have exhausted their eligibility. Since Eli is graduating and leaving, that would still leave us with 14, so if the coaches are planning on adding a junior college big man, their have to be at least 2 other guys leaving.

I don’t think there is any chance of Beck or Williams leaving, as they have both already transferred once, so I think they would have to sit out a year if they transferred.