Central Michigan men at Miami Saturday around 3:30 on ESPN+

For the second Saturday in a row we have a big DH with free tickets available, one ticket is good for both games. This is the Annual Love, Honor, Care game which is a fundraiser and an awareness of cancer event. Halftime of the men’s game is the Piston’s dunk team. Carnival on the Concourse is back again for the kids. Hope we get another monster crowd.

Central Michigan was picked for 12th place ( last ) in the preseason poll, instead they are 16-10 ( 10-3) and in 3rd place. Coach Steele pointed out that Tony Barbee would get his vote for MAC COY. In the last 4 weeks, Central has won 2 double OT and one single OT game. They have been incredibly tough in the clutch and also physical and tough on both defense and rebounding. They had several of their best players miss some games during the MAC season and younger guys stepped up and kept it going.

Miami is 12-14 ( 6-7). Just when the games mean the most we have been playing the worst. We had a great second half vs Ball State, but other than that we have suffered 3 straight bad and disappointing performances, Everything is up in the air right now as to how this season and this team will be looked on. Our last 3 home games are against 3 of the top 4 teams in the MAC, plus we have two road games where we have played poorly twice in a row.

Here are Central’s main players:

6-6 GS Brian Taylor 11.7ppg,7.7rpg. 1.1bpg

6-2 JR Anthony Pritchard 13.4ppg, 4apg

6-10 JR Marcus Harding 10.8ppg, 4.7rpg

6-2 JR Derrick Butler 10.2ppg, 4.0rpg, 37threes

6-6 FR Cayden Vasco 4.1ppg, 3.0rpg

6-6 SOPH Aidan Rubio 38 threes

1 Like

Toledo fan coming over from the Dayton area to watch the game today due to the free tickets…it’s been over 10 years since I’ve been to a game at Miami. Where is the best place to park? Thanks!

2 Likes

There is a large lot adjacent to Millett with free parking. There will be signs when you approach the arena but hopefully this can help

1 Like

How are tickets free? I look online to buy tickets and I have to pay for them.

1 Like

https://redhawktix.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/EVExecMacro?linkID=miamioh&evm=prmo&RSRC=&RDAT=&caller=PR

Use promo code LOVEHONORCARE

3 Likes

I honestly think we win today. We’re 3.5 point favorites, and ESPN gives us 70% odds, fwiw. Central isn’t bad (they knocked us around pretty good up there), but they’ve got to be the worst 10-3 MAC team I’ve seen. Kudos to them for pulling out close games, but I’m not sold. They’re only slightly ahead of us in the KenPom rankings, and they lost to Buffalo at home. Granted, that loss was at the beginning of conference play.

I predict a 77-71 R&W win.

2 Likes

Thank you!!

Had you not posted this link, I never would’ve found it

1 Like

There’s also helpful ticketing information on the site if you’re planning on going to the Miami vs. Miami football game!

What a handsome fellow. And Chuck Martin!:joy::joy:

8 Likes

If they ever carve a Mount Rushmore of MAC greatness. A MacRushmore if you will, I see two of the four faces!

4 Likes

For all the Eli fanboys, he’s dressed.

Welp, where will Potter be transferring?

1 Like

Is he having a good game or something? Eli playing doesn’t predict the future.

2 Likes

Potter again from 3! Miami up 11.
EOd2yjnUwAAIck9

2 Likes

Shut your face Rubio!

1 Like

28-15 Miami at the U8. Bultman and Potter with 8 each. Mirambeaux has 7.

Elmer looks sick. Literally.

Perhaps we just really like playing in front of fans? An impressive offensive explosion in half 1.

Freshmen - please - stay and return us to our rightful position dominating the MAC.

8 Likes

This is my kind of party. We have 5 dudes trending toward double points. Keep it up!