Build It

That was Tarryton. And Tarleton State is still FCS but the Mountain West is courting them this week.

If you believe in the concept of Supply and Demand, youā€™d likely understand that there was very little ā€œhustle and sellā€ required when hockey was already selling out / SRO.

And then consider the $24M that the TAMU university system gave to Tarleton for the first major expansion and suites and think about how deep our pockets really are Fly. TAMU has the 8th largest endowment in the nation.

So put millions into premium seating on property with, maybe, a 30% occupancy rate? Itā€™s not a fair comparison, imo, that every other dick and Jane school is doing it. You should be looking at the facts in Oxford and youā€™d see the demand simply doesnā€™t warrant an increase in supply.

5 Likes

Essentially, itā€™s the same reason Nashville Auto Diesel College never put in a quarter mile track/proving ground on campus. And in retrospect, it was the right call as they went bankrupt and are now Lincoln college.

Youā€™re the funniest guy aliveā€¦.

Speaking of test tracks, I once did a bike race (criterium) on the Mack Truck test trackā€¦ā€¦it was a load of fun.

2 Likes

Mack is a great brand.I feel like they should have licensed their logo to a sports company. Like some once glorious but now fading brand like say, Bike could benefit from that.

https://x.com/broncobarn/status/1841513582606811352?s=46&t=ZH1fFGwu8Q0191V3SgsUtQ

Miami needs to do something like this

1 Like

So what? Weā€™re holding back because we want it to be exclusive to some private country clubs on the North Shore of Chicago? Weā€™re too good to actually build our brand among the public where weā€™re actually effinā€™ located?

Funny how? Does he amuse youā€¦like a clown? Iā€™m asking you, funny how!?

1 Like

Iā€™m starting to be convinced that if Oxford could somehow be converted to a desert community, the number of butts in the seats would increase significantly. People who claim affiliation to Miami seem to be allergic to rain showers. We are the most inclement weather averse fan base I have ever observed. Case in point is the attendance at UC compared to our homecoming game two weeks later. Maybe Miamiā€™s best investment would be a cover for both stands or rain gear for everyone who buys a ticket.

2 Likes

I told the world the simple truth about you a while back: your pubes are longer than your pecker. And yet, you hold it against me. Like itā€™s somehow my fault. Stop pointing fingers and start pointing thumbs.

You donā€™t live around here or go to our home games do you? I find your remarks similar to many fans over the year who bitch and complain while never thinking that you are the problems. You seem to care but you donā€™t actually make the effort to go to the games, which puts you in the EXACT group of people who are the problem.

2 Likes

Yes. They sued Bozeman HS over use of the logo rather than granting rights for a nominal fee like ā€¦ every? ā€¦ other college. When it happened, I remember reading that Kansas State has allowed >100 (if not more) high schools across the country use of their logo for some silly low amount. $100? But 1? Not for Miami.

My facts may be skewed with time but the overall story is true. I still see the old hawk around town - which catches my eye every time.

That said - go Gallatin Raptors (and their primary logo provided by the Toronto Raptors and secondary by Gatorade)!

(And my high school who has used the Dodgers logo forever. But again, not 1 for Miami.)

I believe most of the issue with apparel restrictions was that Miami was trying to ensure that products with their branding did not come from sweat shops.

The Rally House stores carry a decent amount of Miami merchandise.

I found the selection at Rally House to be limited and poor quality. Walked out with nothing.

1 Like