Build It

In prep for what should be another successful season I want to start a thread on rev generating options currently in use at other G5 schools. To my knowledge MU really has no: suites, club seats, loge boxes, field level suites, or any premium areas in FB or BB.
Don’t waste momentum - plan now, sell now and build before you have a coaching change or down season.

Ridiculous school #1 (in no order): Jax St
Suites: 33
Club Seats: yes - temp for 2024 until perm built
Population: 14,000 near NOTHING
FBS: 2nd yr
https://www.jsu.edu/hospitality/football-suites.html

4 Likes

Ridiculous sch 2: App St
Suites: 18
Club: 580
Loge Boxes: 30
End Zone club seats: 893
D1: ~15 yrs
Area population: More banjos than ppl

3 Likes

Ridiculous Sch 3: Utah St
Suites: yes
Club seats: 700
Loge boxes: yes
Population: 50K

2 Likes

Ridiculous #4: Adams College

-Home of the Atoms
-Jocks had to live in the gym on cots
-Stan Gable had a questionable arm curl technique when telling Ogre “and I know just what to do” while staring at himself in the mirror.

Edit: you’re welcome!

3 Likes

Id think a modern pressbox/revenue seating is one of, if not the top priority of DS.

Redoing the press box side to include boxes, suites, customer food service, TVs, etc., etc plus a legitimate elevator will require a lot of structural work before addressing the nice adds needed

No doubt, but it needs to be done.

3 Likes

I can certainly understand why a new press box/suite/club tower wasn’t been the biggest priority for Sayler when we didn’t have an IPF or football facility at the start of his tenure, and until last season we weren’t exactly taking the football world by storm. But if/when we keep up the momentum this fall it would be a huge wasted opportunity to not capitalize with a clear and public investment in facilities, NIL, etc.

1 Like

Ridiculous sch 5: Akron
Suites: 17
Loge Boxes: 38
Club Seats: 522
Population: 190k (none of which care about the zips
https://zipsathleticclub.com/infocision-premium-seating/

Ridiculous sch 6: Troy
Suites: 27
Club seats 1402
Population: 17,000 (outpost of outposts in very poor area)

1 Like

Ridiculous sch 7: Austin Peay (Let’s go Peay!)
Suites: 13
Club Seats: 386
Population: 150K
FCS

Building suites needed to occur when the indoor building went up. They might have been able to squeeze the addt’l capital in. Now I don’t think the math works. We don’t come anywhere near selling out, we have weekday games……why would anyone pay a premium when great seats are available. (see App State)

Raising funds to offset operational expenses m, to me, provides a better return.

2 Likes

Virtually all those other schools don’t and didn’t sell out regularly when they built. Building these areas can be financed with pre-sale revenue. It boggles my mind that MU might be the ONLY FBS school with NO premium seating in FB or BB. But hey - at least we have suites and club seats in hockey (built ~20 yrs ago).

1 Like

Don’t forget statues!

1 Like

Test with these - can put in endzone. I’d buy one tomorrow (have seen a game from one - awesome experience). Suite below and seating on top. Plus they are moveable so you could bring prob 3-4 and plunk behind basket in Millett and even baseball. Let’s go!

8 Likes

Didn’t UMass have something like this in their open end zone?

These would be great under the scoreboard and would have definitely sold well with our home schedule this year.

3 Likes

I think we could get enough interest from this board to buy a MHT box!

4 Likes

Or at least a yurt.

4 Likes

Arizona Cardinals Casitas

1 Like