Build It

Level the home side stands and make them 1/2 less the number of seats

Or fill a 24,000 seat stadium.

1 Like

Suites, loge & club seating.

1 Like

Looks nice!

ā€œDue to overwhelming demand, UTRGV is adding 184 premium seats, including the addition of 19 loge boxes, each of which contains six seats, in the north end zone.ā€

2 Likes

Now PAC 12 - still prob G5 but better.

Looks bigger than 12,000 seats.

Ridiculous school of the day: Eastern Washington adding club and suites.
https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2024/sep/26/with-6-million-in-pledged-support-expansion-of-roo/

The Inferno!

1 Like

They have a stadium that is 1/3 our size and they have a track record of full capacity, sometimes 50% higher. Simple economic Supply Demand would point to expansion and premium seating make sense

Plus you have a 400-500k metro area a short 25 min, mostly interstate, drive away

EWU is a contender is championship talks, nearly every year.

Miami doesnā€™t have any of thisā€¦.

5 Likes

Has the Athletic Department done any survey of the landscape to determine if there is a market for suites at Yager? Iā€™m skeptical that we have the demand.

1 Like

Unless Iā€™m an alum, if I live in Spokane and want to drive a bit to a game, Iā€™m going to Pullman 100 times out of 100 and Cheney can do their thing. Hour vs 30 mins? Thatā€™s nothing.

Maybe itā€™s because I hate the red turf exponentially more than Boiseā€™s blue and EMUā€™s grey. Horrible.

Butler County alone has a 390,000 population

Alumni wealth and population are not the issue for Miami.

2 Likes

I would argue that population is. IIRC our undergrad student population is in the 100s out of the 130+ FBS colleges, not a huge base to start. But even more than that is how spread out they are, with how many Miamians live around Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, New York, and others Iā€™d hazard to guess that we have the lowest percentage of grads who live in a 2-hour drive out of all public FBS programs. Not to say we donā€™t have many around Cincinnati, Dayton, and Columbus but Iā€™m guessing itā€™s a way lower percentage than say NIU/Chicago, UB/Buffalo, etc.

3 Likes

I doubt your assumption. There are multiple FBS programs located in the middle of nowhere.

1 Like

That is a true statement. But our situation is different. While we are isolated and hard to get to, we are also close enough to two big cities that each have two division 1 programs and who have dominated the media coverage. Newspapers, radio, tv coverage for our entire area is all focused on those programs and we are ignored. Using Clemson as an example, that is simply not true of themā€¦Even schools like Ohio U Or Marshall have their own area off by themselves where they are the team that gets all the attention. We do notā€¦.We also have an infrastructure problem because we simply do not have the interstate highways to make it convenient to get to Oxford. Once there, we do not have the hotels or the parking to handle big groups of visitors. So it is kind of a hassle to deal with all those issues. I think you yourself have commented on the difficulty of finding a place to stay and how hard it was to get to the Cincy airport from Oxford.

6 Likes

Yep, friends of mine and I have joked that if we won the lottery, weā€™d build an elevated road over US 27 starting at I-275 that would only have an exit once you got to Oxford.

1 Like

I disagree- to scale Miami and Oxford are no where near some of those other outposts. We only have 24,000 seats, several hotels in town and are in a very large metro area that includes Cincy and Dayton. Our fans come from multiple directions unlike say Tuscaloosa which only has US 20 that takes you to either Bā€™ham or nowhere MS or other examples like Starkville or Oxford or Clemson or Boone or Troy or Statesboro or sheeshā€¦
Our issue is winning and commitment. If the fans care the school will care and other way around.

5 Likes

Have Elon build us a tunnel.