Buffalo

Twice blown 9-point leads in the game. Way too many easy shots for Buffalo. No help defense at all.

2 Likes

How many games have you watched where a team holds a single digit lead for the entire time? Basketball is a game of runs and responses.

This feels like another one we could win but might let slip away down the stretch. The trend needs to stop.

Again, that’s basketball. The majority of games will always go back and forth. That trend will never stop. No matter who you watch. Gonzaga. Indiana. Ohio State. UCLA. Miami. Two similarly ranked teams will always go back and forth. The trend needs to be having the lead at the end of the game.

Of note: Miami is not similarly ranked to Miami. They’re over 100 spots higher.

Is there a record for most layups allowed in a game?

And Miami responds with a run of their own. Up 8 at the under 8. Might’ve been a bit of a flip in officiating after the technical. After they called 50% more fouls on Miami, it was worth a shot.

EDIT: I take that back. Lewis didn’t touch him at all.

New edit: we totally got away with one of those travels. Maybe @Bash_Riprock is right and there’s a new rule nobody knows about

This is such a strange game. Take care of the ball for the next 8 minutes and we win.

3 Likes

How many technicals does travis steele have on the season?

Why’s it matter anyway? Two? Three?

Buffalo ranks 291st in 3 point shooting. Except for Jones, keep going under the screen.

Or don’t take care of the ball and roll the dice.

2 Likes

That’s what teams have tried recently. They’re shooting just under 40% over their last 5 games.

The biggest question mark is if Lairy can play defense against bigger guards. He got worked against Kent and now he’s struggling against Powell

We might get 6 dudes in double figures

1 Like

I’d roll the dice and back off. They’re 3/12 tonight and we can’t guard them off the dribble right now.

2 Likes

Well, a battle of free throw shooting should favor Miami. Just have to handle the ball better.

1 Like

Huge bucket by Billy!

3 Likes

That’s fair! Especially with how we’ve struggled on the drive. The other option is hedge and let one of the other defenders cover the roller, which is what we did really well in the first half and it worked well.

Huge bucket for Billy! 79-71 Miami with 4 minutes to go.

3 Likes

I’m consciously refusing to eat at Burger King until they pull those annoying commercials from the air.

1 Like

The weird on I can’t figure out is the Vivid Seats commercial. “What’s your 11?”

Somebody school me.

1 Like