Buffalo

Mabry is going to be so hard to beat come next year. We have 5 dudes on the floor who could all be in double figures tnite. Assuming Morgan gets hot. This team is fun to watch.

Up three with Safford scoreless. I like that.

2 Likes

Only two free throws. Don’t like that.

2 Likes

He’s finally heating up. After the first 5 games (and including today) he’s shooting 37% from 3. And he’s been playing solid defense today too. I think Billy’s done a better job of getting involved on both sides today, but he’s been a bit snakebit from deep lately.

1 Like

The restricted circle doesn’t matter for primary defenders if anyone is interested…

1 Like

And that wasn’t a foul on Mirambeaux…

2 Likes

Mirambeaux three point play waved off on what I thought was a terrible foul on the floor call, but turned out to be an even worse offensive foul call.

3 Likes

Games where we are within 2 or 3 points of the opponent for almost all the game. The past two or three times out we’ve been right there in the last few minutes and let it get completely away from us.

Once again they don’t know what a travel is. Randy: “he kept his pivot foot.” Yeah, he kept his pivot foot down as it slid 3 feet.

3 Likes

Was there a recent rule change regarding traveling that we weren’t told about?

2 Likes

Those two no calls have cost us 5 points.

1 Like

Chuck Martin has been to a lot of BB games lately. You think he might be scouting Mirambeaux?

2 Likes

Kamari’s ability to “quietly” score is really something. He can pull up from anywhere and hit. He seemed to not know the offense or what we were doing on defense in the first 90 seconds, and since then has been a completely different player.

And Mabrey can shoot. He had a tough first five games and even since has struggled on defense, but I think he’s shown a ton of improvement over the season. So has Morris. His ability to impact the paint on defense is something. Also, that wasn’t a foul on him either.

1 Like

Maybe he’s been reading MHT and knows the hoops scholarship conundrum?

I believe he gets free tickets to every game as part of his contract. Covid may have disrupted it for a couple years, but he was also a regular at basketball games back when I was still there.

1 Like

That’s when he was scouting Quinten Rollins.

Yeah, we love to complain about Coach Martin, but there aren’t many mid-major coaches who rep their school more than him. Just needs a better OC.

5 Likes

Left them wide open in the corner. For those who subscribe, corner 3’s have the highest points per shot rating typically. For some reason, it’s been Buffalo’s Achilles’ heel. It’s extra strange because they’re a great shooting team and one of the best teams from 3 overall.

I love that he cares enough to show up.

2 Likes

The bald ref has completely changed games before. He made a game changing call against Central iirc.