Bowling Green Week

BG getting destroyed by Toledo at BG on Wednesday night. Will eliminate BG’s bowl opportunity so they won’t have that incentive when they show up in Oxford.

Smash the pumpkin

4 Likes

Definitely one of those games where it’s important to play well early. Can’t allow BGSU to build confidence and then all of sudden you’re in a dog fight. The fact that the game is at home is a plus.

1 Like

We need to stomp them early. No screwing around. If UT can go up 35-10 on BG at the half, so can we. Kent lost, so we very much control our destiny now.

2 Likes

Just announced - Kickoff for the Bowling Green game is not until 8:00 pm

MAC12 After Dark!

1 Like

OK , just got a hotel in Oxford. ESPN what have I done to you?

1 Like

Didn’t we control our own destiny even if Kent had won last night?

1 Like

As opposed to when we only controlled our own destiny

4 Likes

True. But now we control the appearance of our own destiny.

Blah. I prefer the 7pm start time.

Now get off my lawn!

But now we control our destiny even more! :smiley:

If nothing else, the KSU loss at least put some pressure on them to beat Akron and gives us another (albeit unlikely) avenue of making it to Detroit. Guessing Akron won’t give them much of a fight though.

1 Like

Like our rival Ohio didn’t present much of a challenge to us.

2 Likes

Do we know which channel we’ll be on? I like 8 PM coming from CST but I know it isn’t ideal for many to attend.

Are Akron and KSU rivals? Honest question

ESPNU again I believe

Akron and Kent play for the Wagon Wheel. I suppose it’s as meaningful as a brick or a strange looking Redbird.

1 Like

I don’t think it does: if we beat Kent St we have at most 3 losses and they have at least 3 so we win the tiebreaker and go to Detroit. If they win they have at most 3 and we have at least 3 so they go to Detroit.

I guess it created the situation that we can lose to BGSU and still go to Detroit if that’s what you meant.

1 Like

How so? Even if Kent loses next week and we win, if Kent beats us in the last game, we’d both have 3 MAC losses and they beat us head to head. I don’t think their loss last night changed a thing.