Bowling Green Week

We need to absolutely light BG up early and often. Up 4 scores early in the 2nd half.

I want our starters in the APC watching Kent film during the 4th quarter.

6 Likes

MooreHawk

If you meant my question, I was asking wherever if Miami and Ohio both finish 5-3, does Ohio go to the MACC with a 5-7 record?

If Miami & OU finish in 2-way tie, OU goes.
If Kent & OU finish in 2-wsy tie, Kent goes.

If all 3 finish in a tie, then it goes to a second or third tie-breaker, and I am not sure what that is.

1 Like

Win both games. End the intrigue!

Or the golden stalk that NIU and BSU played for last night. :wink:

2 Likes

If Ohio wins out they have 3 losses as well and would have the tiebreaker on us. :frowning:

2 Likes

bpat

I thought it is possible. What a travesty that would be - sending a 5-7 team to the MACC. We must destroy BG and Kent!

We have secured a hotel room in Oxford. Please no freezing rain or snow.

1 Like

I think the weather is supposed to be semi decent for Tuesday

1 Like

So who is showing up Tuesday night?

We lost to OU!

No more excuses, destroy…even smash BG!

I’ll be there!

I’ve got two tickets on the 50 if anybody wants them. Somebody get with me and put these to good use!
With 8pm kick if I stay till the end I don’t get home until about 1:30 if I don’t fall asleep at the wheel trying to get there.

MACtion sucks. Unless it’s a barnburner two of the five or so season ticket seats I get are wasted. Yea we get national attention and $$$ but we also get dinky crowds.

Guess we really need the ESPN $$$. I saw in someone’s post a breakdown of revenue and football ticket revenue was only about $375,000 unless I read it wrong. No wonder we’re happy to take those $1,000,000+ paydays to get lead to the slaughter pen.

1 Like

I really don’t know for sure, but someone posted that the MAC currently receives $2M/yr per team and it increases to $2.5M in '25. Love to increase it. Best, and probably only way, is for MAC teams to win OOC games against P5s and win the bowl games. Make the conference more relevant and I believe we would benefit. One reason I liked WKU and MTSU (sort of) joining. Maybe next year.

Will be in the house.

2 Likes

I didnt know that- that is a nice increase if true. I do know that Sayler said on the townhall discussion that football was a positive financially- which I find really hard to believe but perhaps he was comparing to FCS (then I would agree)

1 Like

Really? You think so?

3 Likes

Smash the pumpkins. Will be in the house +1

1 Like

Should would like to see us “firing on all cylinders” from the “get go” tonight. Great weather for mid November, too!

1 Like

according to the NCAA data (under the Knight Commission), in 2019 - 69% of Miami’s ~$40M revenue came from Student Fees (44%) and Institutional/Gov’t Support (20%)

Conference averages:
AAC - 52% total revenue from Student Fees (17%) + Institutional Support (35%)
C-USA - 61% total revenue from Student Fees (34%) + Institutional Support (27%)
MAC - 66% total revenue from Student Fees (22%) + Institutional Support (44%)
MWC - 46% total revenue from Student Fees (9%) + Institutional Support (37%)
SBC - 64% total revenue from Student Fees (24%) + Institutional Support (40%)

So when so much comes from Student Fees and so little come from Miami, I’d say we need every damn dollar from ESPN.

2 Likes