Bowling Green Week 2022

All at Bee Gee games.

Bowling Green sucks ass. We aren’t losing to them.

4 Likes

Yep. Dramatic R Us! Every game involves high drama - even games we lead 17-0 at home in the first quarter. Nothing is certain until we either give up that TD with 35 seconds left on the road or hit the 4th and 6 pass with a minute left at home.

I haven’t seen Miami win a game in person since the 2011 home game with Army. I have been to WKU in 2015 where we got slaughtered, Army and Minnesota where we had a good chance to win but didn’t, and games where we had no chance to win at Michigan, Notre Dame and Ohio State. But I also attended the WKU game in Oxford in 2016 that we lost by 7, the BG game at Oxford in 2017 where we botched the snap trying to score and gave BG a winning 99 yard TD with a minute to go, the St Pete Bowl with the blocked last second FG, and the Lending Tree Bowl where we botched a snap at the goal line again and killed our chances for a comeback. Maybe that has tainted my expectations. Watching the Northwestern, Buffalo and Kent games didn’t do much to eliminate my expectation for high drama in every game, regardless of the opponent.

1 Like

1-11? Absolutely not. No, I expect we will be somewhere in the 7-5 to 5-7 range, winning a few games as an underdog and losing a few games as a favorite. I have no idea going in to those games which ones we’ll win and which ones we’ll lose. The game against a terrible Ohio team last season and the 13-12 loss at Eastern last year are examples of games one would have expected us to win but didn’t. I don’t expect us to win or lose any game decisively.

1 Like

BG has been one of the most hot and cold teams in the country the past few seasons. Wins against Minnesota and Marshall, blowout road win against Buffalo, home losses to EKU and Akron, 31 point home losses to EMU and Buffalo. We’re a significantly better team, but you never know which BG is going to show up, and our shakiness on offense leaves open vulnerability to an upset.

1 Like

They are definitely like the little girl with the girl in the middle of her forehead. “When she was good she was very very good but when she was bad she was horrid.”

Like I said earlier, I would be quite surprised to see the same BG on Saturday that showed up for the first half of the Buffalo game. Miami needs to bring it early and keep our foot on the gas all day.

It has been really windy the last two days in New Bremen, and that is often a huge factor in games played at BG, although maybe not as extreme as it used to be since they opened their end zone faciility. Maybe more reliance on the kicking game and the running game, which should be OK for us.

2 Likes

Ty Wise is going to be a game time decision tomorrow

Game time weather at BG: Low 50s, partly sunny with a 16 mph WSW wind. Don’t dress for a day on a South Carolina beach!

1 Like

1 Like

The metrics match the eye test to me. Something that stands out: we do almost nothing on first & second down.

3 Likes

I’ve observed that, too, Jive. We’re a bit predictable. Seems like our first down call is almost always running Mozee between the tackles. If we throw on first down, it seems like second down is a running back between the tackles. Puts us in a lot of 3rd and 6 situations.

1 Like

In the last NCAA football game that was released, you could call the same run play over and over, then when you called the associated play action, everyone on the defense would be way out of position and it would be an almost automatic touchdown. We basically forfeit the chance of scoring on early drives so in the third or fourth quarter they can call a play action and get a big gain. And if we don’t complete it, we end up looking stupid. Last week it worked to get Miles Marshall a huge gain, but if Aveon hadn’t nearly overthrown him, it would’ve been a touchdown.

I was going to say… a tornado wouldn’t affect our passing game, since we’ll just be running all day anyway.

1 Like

Got called the Redskins. Run up the middle on first (and had to bounce). Run up the middle and third and six. Deja vu

Anyone else having trouble with ESPN+? I can’t get any video to play.

ESPN+ is working well for me. I did have to click out of the app and open it again.

I’m watching through Hulu. Just opened up ESPN+ and it’s working for me

Walker makes those catches look so easy