Bowling Green Week 2022

The BUGS started pointing to us before they even changed into street clothes after that embarrassing home loss to Buffalo yesterday.

They played a good game against Marshall. We need to take it to them like UB did. If we get a lead early we should never give them a sniff of possible victory.

1 Like

The BG coach placed the blame for the loss on himself…what a novel idea… :wink:

2 Likes

I think I might make the trip. My first away Miami game (not counting PBS)

1 Like

BG isn’t good, but our margin for error isn’t big enough to just show up and expect to win. Getting off to a good start like we did against KSU would be helpful.

1 Like

With the exception of Toledo and Eastern Michigan (each with two overall losses in FB this fall) every other MAC school has three or four losses…part of the reason why the MAC has such difficulty getting into either the AP or Coaches’ weekly polls.

1 Like

Actually, as I mentioned on the future of the MAC thread, three teams already for 4 losses and three have 5. The MAC might not have 6 bowl eligible teams this year because of the lackluster OOC results…

1 Like

Aveon needs to channel his inner Lamar Jackson…on a late run last night as I checked in on another Bengals miss-step…Lamar had a run that reminded me of Aveon’s against Kent.

1 Like

He reminds me a lot of Vince Evans when he was at Texas.

1 Like

Aside from the guys we know are out for the season, here are some guys I’ve got on my Injury Watch List
for BG Week. Ty left the game with an apparent arm/shoulder injury Saturday. I think I recall Dowell getting banged up late on Saturday, too. Bester is listed on the injury site I follow as return uncertain. Anybody have any insight what our MASH unit looks like?

Eli Blakey
Ty Wise
Ambe Caldwell
Nate Meurch
Brian Ugwu
Michael Dowell
Jaylon Bester

2 Likes

We’re -6.5? That’s it? Yes please.

2 Likes

No real news on the injury front from CM’s presser. He said there will be some guys that are game time decisions. But nothing they feel are long term. So I guess we’ll see on Saturday

3 Likes

BG should be a win, but it is the MAC and strange stuff happens all the time. Last year BG was bad, but won at Minnesota. This year BG is bad, but beat Marshall right after they won at Notre Dame. McDonald, their QB, can get hot and put up a lot of points. Or not. Just be ready for a challenge and execute for 60 minutes. Nothing is given, we have to take it.

7 Likes

As CM said, was thinking for us it’s a pretty good comparison, he’s similar to Gus Ragland…maybe better runner, not as “good” passer…Gus got better at both and maybe Aveon’s passing will continue to grow and his runs even more timely.

1 Like

I agree, though I can see why Vegas has it that way. This same BG team that’s crapped the bed against plenty of MAC and FCS teams lately has also beaten Minnesota and Marshall the past two seasons. Weird team under their current regime.

It’s past time for Miami to adopt a killer instinct and start burying teams that we are better than. Somehow, we’re still playing a lot of games right at the level of our inferior opponents. We didn’t even bury our far outmanned FCS opponent. That needs to stop.

3 Likes

Young, no? Not Evans.

1 Like

@YellowNumber5 Oh yeah. Vince Young.

1 Like

The team that played the stinking first half against Buffalo won’t be the one we see on Saturday.

Scot sounds like a guy who’s at the end of his rope. It’s year 4 for him and no real significant improvement. A few more losses and he might be updating his resume. I’m sure he’ll turn over every stone to have his team ready to go though.

3 Likes

He’s actually a pretty good coach. Problem is, the MAC has a ton of them even though no one thinks the conference is any good. I think that’s why so many head coaches have gotten poached from it over the years. Minnesota coach/part time boat rower doing well. So is Kansas coach. And NC State. And Alabama. Hmmm…maybe the MAC doesn’t suck. That’s four former MAC coaches all ranked in the top 25.

2 Likes