Bowling Green Week 2022

You did not include Wake Forest #14, Iowa State (last five years with Campbell have been the best five year run they have probably ever had).

3 Likes

Oh man! Great catch! Damn the MAC is churning out coaches!

Anybody going to BG? Dick?

Vince Evans played for USC Trojans many years ago, showing my age. :joy:

1 Like

Yes. And the Chicago Bears.

This will be the first September or October game I have missed since 2002 ( nephew’s wedding). It is my Mom’s 100th birthday and we are having a birthday party for her from 2 to 4 Saturday at her assisted living facility in Sidney. Relatives and friends, although to be truthfull Mom has outlived every relative from her generation so relatives will be my first cousins and their spouses and Mom has also outlived all her friends from her generation so friends will be friend’s from the assisted living facility.

Chris W, Ryan T, Jim T, and Pete N from my group will all be there, so look them up. Hope to see you later in the year.

7 Likes

We are in Nebraska now heading East. Perhaps will deviate from our normal forced march to overnight around Chicago. That will determine if we attend at BG. Happy birthday wishes to Mom.

1 Like

Time to break this see-saw trend…Through the first 6 games, Miami has:

L W L W L W…

3 Likes

Congrats to your mom on her 100th birthday, Dick!

2 Likes

Can we start a Happy 100th Birthday to Dick’s Mom thread?

1. Fog game. Forever etched in Hawktalk history. The game in which Johnny Mac appeared out of the fog carrying 4 beers and my lovely wife immediately said that must be one of your internet friends.

Same game we almost were run over post game crossing to Frickers.

2). Lock out game. Bee Gee actually pad locked the gate from our locker room to the field.

3). I was in the locker room when Bo smashed the pumpkins

4). Mud was that a mess.

6 Championship played on a plowed field

3 Likes

We usually have BG’s number but for some reason this frame worries me…I guess they all do! I expect the win but don’t necessarily expect us to blow BG out.

Nothing wrong with that. Good coaches in the MAC make for close games. That said, we can find the edge.

1 Like

At this stage I hope we’ll win each time out but I never truly expect to win against anybody we play except our low level FCS opponents.

The stuff of legends, Skins!

1 Like

This is so dramatic. We literally haven’t lost a home game in 4 years.

2 Likes

You don’t expect to win ANY game against FBS competition? So you expect 1-11 every season?

1 Like

No mention of the 2003 home game? With all due respect to every other Miami/BG matchup, any discussion of the series history has to have that ranked at the top.

4 Likes

Anyone know why we had to play @ BG for the MAC title after beating them earlier in the year?

It rotated. The winner of the west hosted in the odd-numbered years.

2 Likes