Bowling Green men at Miami Saturday at 3:30 on ESPN3

This is the second game of a DH as CMU plays our women at 1:00. A ticket for either game gets you in for both games. Women have open seating, men’s game has assigned seats. BGSU is 12-12 ( 5-8). Miami is 10-13 ( 4-8). This is a big game for both teams as BG is in 8th and Miami is in 9th a half game back and only 8 teams go to the MAC tournament. BG beat us 87-83 in OT in January, so if they win they would be a game and a half ahead and would own the tiebreaker, making it very difficult for us to pass them. Dalonte Brown may play at least some on Saturday, which would be a big help IF he can play at his normal level.

Daquan Plowden is a 5th year SR and a power forward. Same can be said for Dalonte Brown. This will be the 10th time these two guys have matched up in their career, and both have had some huge games in this matchup. Plowden averages 16.5/7.0. Joe Reese averages 11.6 and Myron Gordon 10.7.

Dae Dae Grant needs just 4 points to become the 39th player in Miami history to score 1,000 points. Mekhi Lairy and Dalonte Brown have already passed that mark. In fact, Dalonte needs just 5 points to move into 10th place all time. Also, Mekhi Lairy leads the MAC in ft% at .914, which would set a new season record if he can maintain it. Dae Da Grant is shooting .868 which would be the 4th best in Miami history if he can maintain that.

1 Like

This has the possibility of being a really poorly played game. I believe we have shot 3 air balls in the first several possessions and still lead by two at the first me du is TO. I’m going to quit watching for awhile. Curling is calling.

1 Like

0-5 from three. 5-15 from two.

Interesting substitution patterns. But that would be because of covid, right?

7/27 from field.

And suddenly we’re up nine.

Best 5 minutes I’ve seen them play this season.

1 Like

Welcome Back D Brown. I like that group that ended the half. Beck helped too

Sloppy first few minutes, but wow, way to close out the half! 47-32 Miami. Good, unselfish basketball. Welcome back Delonte. Looked great in limited minutes. Had a nice halftime lead at BG, too, so have to keep our foot on the gas.

Is this the Family Day game? Sounds like SRO!

We closed out the half on a 28-8 run that featured a 16-0 spurt. Echoing what RS said, some nice minutes from Beck. Even if he’s not scoring a ton, if he can just be a threat inside, that can really open things up for us from outside.

We are playing great and playing the right people. Nervous about this Eli and ICL line up

1 Like

Watching this team up 27 like,
who-is-this-seinfeld

1 Like

84-52 with 7:40 to go

My guess is the “Fire Michael Huger” thread on ay ziggy zoomba is pretty active

Sloppy play allowing BG to get back to within 23. Miami firing up shots getting offensive rebounds but instead of using clock they’re firing up shots again.

Sorry walkons

Huger calls a timeout down 17 with 38 seconds left?

Gotta say, it’s nice that WE’RE the ones for a change to have a 30 point lead and then get a little sloppy so that the final margin isn’t indicative of the blow-out that it was. Some will probably complain, but despite the last ~7 minutes, we still out-scored BG in the second half and picked up a key conference win. First back-to-back wind since Spalding/Buffalo, and first back-to-back D1 wins since winning our first three of the season.

1 Like

94-78 final btw. Four of our 5 starters in double figures, led by Lairy’s 24. Nice double-double for Ayah (10 and 12). Having Brown back is obviously key. We shot 50% from the field and out-rebounded the bigger BG team by 7. Great win, fellas.

Women won, too. Can hockey make it a perfect 4-0 weekend?