Bowl Predictions?

In today’s USA Today re-ranking of all 133 FBS teams, we moved up 16 spots to 38. Toledo is 29.

4 Likes

If we play Northwestern, we would end this season and start next season vs the same team!

2 Likes

I know it allow more Midwest Miami fans access, but I would prefer to see us land somewhere other than the Quick Lane, particularly of we would have already played in Detroit for the MACC. Also, not much of a fun bowl activities destination for the players.

3 Likes

I believe that happened with Michigan and Washington (Rose Bowl, season opener… and then another Rose Bowl matchup, maybe?) in the late 80s.

Edit #1: Never mind. They played in back-to-back Rose Bowl games in the early 90s… but no regular season matchup during that span.

Edit #2: It was Michigan and UCLA. In 1981, they played in the Bluebonnet Bowl. Then they played in September of ‘82 (although not the season opener) and then had their 3rd matchup in 366 days in the Rose Bowl on Jan. 1, 1983.

Skiing options for the Idaho Famous Potato Bowl - Boise’s local Bogus Basin is projected to open for skiing on Nov 18 and Schweitzer is projected for Nov 23.

Agree.I don’t see the Quicklane as very appropriate for either team that plays in the MACC. I am hoping we’re one of those teams.

1 Like

If EMU gets bowl eligible, they’d be a decent fit there. Although I realize that Boise may be cold, I still think going out there would be a better bowl experience for the players and coaches, and we might get a good match up there.

1 Like

I’m still hoping for Charlotte or Myrtle Beach!

Me too! They are possibilities!

1 Like

EMU may get a Barstool Arizona Bowl offer if eligible. I’ve heard that Dave Portnoy would like a Michigan school represented.

Everyone would be welcome to our home city of Boise!

1 Like

Basque Food Night! Is the terrific place in Garden City still operating?

Answered my own question. Onati was a legendary family style Basque restaurant in Garden City for decades. I ate there in the 80s and 90s. It has apparently been replaced by the famous cowboy bar Ranch Club, which has a few of Onati’s dishes on it menu.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/entertainment/restaurants/article159968574.html

1 Like

If I recall correctly, the Windsor Ballet is quite fun

1 Like

Ha cha cha!!!

1 Like