Bowl Predictions?

You’re absolutely right.it went from Fresno to Vegas first and then LV pulled the plug on the MAC after two or three years. That’s when it shifted to Boise. I saw Toledo play Nevada in the Vegas Bowl.

1 Like

Yep. That’s a bit of a unique situation.

Perused updated projections after week 4… depending on the site, seeing us penciled into the Boise Bowl, Quick Lane, and the 68 Ventures bowl (Mobile AL formerly GMAC Bowl, etc.). All meaningless at this point but still fun to look at…

2 Likes

Much more entertaining than NOT being talked about for a bowl after week four!

5 Likes

Interesting in that both ESPN bowl prognosticators this week picked us to play Boise State in the Barstool Bowl in Tucson, Arizona. They don’t tend to agree on their bowl picks.

1 Like

I hope not. That’s the bowl nobody ever sees unless you’re a fan of one of the two teams playing.

1 Like

Not on a national TV network, is it?

1 Like

No. Streaming ONLY on Barstool Sports site.

Ugh

Yeah, Barstool is :wastebasket: as is the ability to watch their bowl.

Barstool is like Espn plus type exposure but playing in Tuscon in late December vs Boise would be pretty cool

I watched Ohio U play that game last year

Arizona Bowl shuns TV for digital college football bowl game broadcast with Barstool Sports

From 2021. One funny bit…

“[Arizona Bowl executive director Kym] Adair said she wants college football fans in Arizona to know the game will always be played on Dec. 31, allowing families to plan vacations and family gatherings and build a tradition.”

Well, last year’s game was played on Dec. 30… and this year’s game will be played on Dec. 30. So much for that “always on New Year’s Eve” statement.

Airfare to Tucson during the holidays can be horrendous! $782 Rt is the cheapest from Wilmington today. $605 from DAY and CVG. Will double by the time the bowl assignments are announced.

And it’s a long drive.

Phoenix should be cheaper. Short drive down to Tucson

1 Like

That’s a decent option -only a 2 hour roll down I-10. Airfare is reasonable to PHX now but it will double or even triple by the bowl pairings.

I do love Tucson, though. Would be a terrific bowl destination.

not hoping for stream only bowl. Hope team has better options.

1 Like

I know it’s hard to get fired up about playing in chilly Boise, but it would be fun to take on a high profile team like Boise State. (If they were the opponent). Boise is off to a rocky start at 2-3…one projection has us playing Wyoming (currently 4-1) there. FWIW

ESPN still doing zero research for their bowl projections. The list that came out today Bonagura still has us playing in the Bahamas Bowl.

2 Likes

I also saw other updated predictions with us in the Quick Lane vs. NW, the Boise Bowl, and the Barstool vs. Boise State.

2 Likes

None of those guys have a clue at this stage! If they knew anything they’re would be consistency.

2 Likes