Bowl predictions and preferences

Brett McMurphy just updated his projections; he has us playing Fresno State (3 pt favorite) in the Arizona Bowl.

He has Toledo in the Cure Bowl, OU in Quick Lane, BG in Boise Bowl, and NIU playing Marshall in the Charlotte Toastery (aka Bahamas) Bowl.

Marshall has to beat Ark State Saturday to get bowl eligible. The Herd started 4-0 with a win over VT and then fell off a cliff. Hard to believe they won at Notre Dame last year.

Their starting QB got injured a week or two ago, and the 2nd string guy is also out. So, Cole Pennington is now playing, and he’s been very bad. Gonna be a tall ask for them to win this week.

1 Like

What a shame. :grin:

And Ark State just beat Texas State 77-31.

1 Like

This is the time I start to really pay attention to bowl projections because the bowls have a very good idea of who they’re inviting and guys like McMurphy will use their sources accordingly.

2 Likes

I asked a question on one of The Athletic’s Mailbags this morning. Stewart Mandel answered it quickly with an answer that surprised me a bit.

1 Like

I believe that the Barstool Bowl may be the exception to that rule.

This is what I was expecting

1 Like

Weird trivia: I just found out our last two bowl games - vs UNT and UAB - were broadcast internationally in Portuguese on ESPN Brazil. Who know?

1 Like

The Empire of Ohio has expanded to Rio and São Paulo! Scores of youths are gathering around their TVs to watch Brett like he’s Pele.

1 Like

247 Sports already out w their updated bowl projections: Toledo in Cure Bowl, OU in Quick Lane, NIU vs Marshall in Charlotte (aka Bahamas Bowl), and us in Arizona Bowl vs. Fresno State. Can’t recall where EMU and BG were slated.

2 Likes

Fresno is now 8-4 after losing to 4-8 San Diego State yesterday.

Marshall upset Arkansas State yesterday and is Bowl Eligible.

1 Like

:cry:

CBS (Jerry Palm) out w updated projections: Miami vs. Fresno State in the Arizona Bowl.

Some of the other MAC teams getting good destinations such as Myrtle and Boca Raton, along w Detroit, Boise, Charlotte.

A Web site called the Saturday Blitz has us playing James Madison in the Camellia Bowl.

God help the poor bowl city that has to host Marshall’s massive family reunion.

1 Like

One projection has Marshall playing EMU in Boca (IIRC), and another against Toledo in Detroit. (I find it highly unlikely that UT or Miami will be in the Quick Lane, and would guess the opponent there for the MAC would be Minnesota.)

1 Like

Don’t want any part of JMU!

1 Like

I saw them in the Myrtle Beach Bowl vs UConn last season. Wore my Washington Huskies Hat and a Miami fleece and sat in the UConn section…

1 Like