Bowl predictions and preferences

The streaming disadvantage isn’t that those of us that want to see it can’t. It is that like bowls gain 800,000 to 2,000,000 viewers while the Barstool peaked at 130,000 last year.

Tucson is a very cool town with some super southwestern and Mexican restaurants. There are some very high end resorts there and a lot of things to do like hiking, cycling, and interesting things like seeing Old Tucson where there are old Western movie sets and giant Saguaro cacti. Weather in December can hit 60s-70s, but gets cold at night since high desert. Nice spot for bowl, but a bit hard to get to as fly to Phoenix and drive about 2h south to Tucson.

3 Likes

Maybe Barstool bowl gets on ESPN since ESPN I think now has some stakes in it for their new gambling ESPN thing. (Not a gambler, but I think I read that recently)

1 Like

Still holding out for the Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl so I can take a newborn.

I like Tucson (although we’re not moving there!).

Ventana Canyon and La Paloma are very very nice. My late mother lived in Villa Hermosa for many years and enjoyed it.

Guadalajara Grill is our favorite Mexican Restaurant there. Fajita portions are huge.

It sounds like you’re pretty familiar with Tucson.

What about the Tucson airport?

Spent some time in Tucson. Mariners used to play the Cleveland Indians down there in spring training. Used to watch the Warthogs fly over the stadium during the games. My 18 month old wouldn’t go to sleep once in the motel so we strapped him in the car seat and drove him to the border at Nogales and turned around. He fell asleep about halfway back. Arizona Stadium is right on the UA campus north of downtown. Old Tucson is fun and the White Dove of the Desert is worth a stop if you’re driving from PHX.

https://www.google.com/search?sa=X&sca_esv=583505300&biw=414&bih=712&sxsrf=AM9HkKmh5DI_LttEDXh9CdqAFk6otAjD_g%3A1700269723476&q=St.%20Francis%20de%20Xavier%20Catholic%20Church.%20(White%20Dove%20In%20Desert)&ludocid=6513922817476288257&ibp=gwp%3B0%2C7&lsig=AB86z5Wt3ZZxVMVsbYZxc3gqYiYR&kgs=7038cd522baeebc2&shndl=-1&source=sh%2Fx%2Floc%2Fact%2Fm1%2Fcan%2F3

I’m hoping Miami plays a bigger name team than Georgia Southern, MTSU, Troy or App State. I’m also hoping that the game is played on ESPN, just to give good publicity to Miami’s football program – geeks like us will watch Miami in a bowl regardless, but having a better timeslot and more interesting opponent would be a nice ad to present to the general public who are unfamiliar with Miami (OH). It seems like Miami is kind of unknown west of the Mississippi but very well known in the Midwest & East Coast.

Against all logic, bowl contractual obligations, and betting lines, I’m hoping we somehow get Colorado in the LA Bowl.

CU is currently losing to WSU 21-7, so it’s looking as if the Buffs will get their 7th loss.

28-7

1 Like

Make that 35-7…not looking like Buffs will be bowl eligible.

1 Like

Colorado’s comeback bid fell just a bit short… as they lost 56-14. So that eliminates the 0.00001% chance of bowl bid wackiness somehow leading to Miami playing Colorado. To quote the 2010 film Devil

If Coach Prime wanted to male coaching changes mid season he should have really changed defensive coordinators. They are really bad on defense and the OC has had worse numbers the Lewis did. The offense is not the problem, it was not great but at least they could score and move the ball before.

1 Like

Reading between the lines on Prime’s comments when he demoted Lewis, it seems like there is more of an issue between them than just play calling. Lewis won’t be at Colorado next season. I think that’s a safe bet.

Last night’s loss to WAZZU possibly eliminated the Cougs, as well. They have to win the Apple Cup at Husky Stadium next Saturday to be bowl eligible.

1 Like

ESPN’S updated projections: one forecasters still has us in Tucson vs. Boise State, and the other in Charlotte vs. WKU.

I know it’s a totally different location but I just feel another MAC team will get the Charlotte game to avoid a repeat Bahamas Bowl participant. It just seems that we’ll likely be Tucson-bound…

Which means we’ll probably end up in one of the other bowls no one has even mentioned yet.

When we win out we will be ranked and get a better bowl

3 Likes

I’m guessing the Camellia in Montgomery on Dec 23.

No way to know…I have to admit I wouldn’t mind a Boise State match up…but if so prolly be in Tucson or Boise. Obviously if MAC champs that might improve our bowl profile and options.

I’ve seen several click baiters showing teams playing in bowls in their own stadiums - Coastal and Boise mostly. That’s actually pretty rare. Neutral fields seemed to be preferred by all.