Bowl predictions and preferences

For me, this allows to have a few friends together to watch the game. I’d love to go to a bowl game sometime, but that’s going to require several years of convincing some people that they can wrap their mind around a last minute quick vacation.

1 Like

It’s been decades since I’ve been to Orlando. Time to make a return.

They always bring their “A”’Game!

1 Like

$150 RT from Wilmington to Orlando on Avelo

I love this match up, mainly so when we win I get bragging rights here in the Triangle!

I like this bowl, Saturday at 3:30 on ABC, kind of feels big time than other bowls, even if it is early in the bowl season.

4 Likes

Why? App State is more recognizable than Wyoming. Cure Bowl is on ABC instead of The CW/streaming. Feels like a much better landing spot imo.

8 Likes

I agree with you on ABC vs CW. I dont agree with you on App State vs Wyoming. I think Wyoming is the more prestigious opponent

2 Likes

We had an early bowl last year but we knew it the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. This will be a lot of work in a short time for admin and people trying to go

Prestigious is different than “recognizable”. More of our fan base will recognize App State as the team that upset Michigan years ago. Wyoming football? Maybe the hardcore fans know it as the home of Josh Allen? Logan Wilson?

1 Like

Uh……cause the Barstool Bowl being on the CW is bringing back the cast of Dawson’s Creek as official grand marshals of the parade and game

1 Like

Here are the Bowl Game events leading up to the game. I am not sure if the first event is open to the public, or a private event for the teams.

Bowl Week is Presented by Coca-Cola.

DEC 2023

Time 5:00 pm

WELCOME RECEPTION PRESENTED BY COCA-COLA

LOCATION Universal CityWalk

DEC 2023

Time 12:00 pm

PRESS CONFERENCE

LOCATION Royal Pacific Hotel

Time 3:00 pm

TEAM EXPLORE UNIVERSAL STUDIOS

LOCATION Universal Studios

DEC 2023

Time 1:00 pm

US HUNGER PROJECT PRESENTED BY COCA-COLA

LOCATION Universal CityWalk – Hard Rock

DEC 2023

Time 11:00 am

OWENS CORNING MARCH 2CURE

LOCATION IOA Paza at FBC Mortgage Stadium

Time 3:30 pm

CURE BOWL 2023

LOCATION FBC Mortgage Stadium

1 Like

Merely thinking out loud, but it seems like playing sooner than later gives us a better chance of having close to a complete team participate. If guys do enter the portal, or want to enter the portal, I think the likelihood that they choose to play in the bowl game increases the sooner it is.

I guess we’ll have to wait and see the validity of that…

1 Like

GameDay went to Boone

This bowl game could not be better located for me.
I’m a snowbird.
Split time between Cleveland area and Ormond Beach, FL.
The stadium for the game is exactly one hour away.
Departure to Ohio on June 14th for Christmas is now officially delayed!!
Go Miami!!!

2 Likes

What is wrong with Mismi fans? Some are bitching about it on the Miami Facebook post…

Umm… I mean December 14!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And Bowling Green and Kalamazoo

App State, for those interested is about the size of Oxford and, like Oxford, is rather isolated from larger cities…yet, they do draw great crowds…so it can be done at Miami…

'The 2022 home opener against North Carolina drew a stadium-record 40,168 fans, and all seven home games in 2022 had an attendance figure exceeding 30,000, with six of the top eight home crowds in stadium history occurring in 2022.

In 2022, App State set single-season school and Sun Belt records with an average home crowd of 33,566. The Mountaineers broke the previous league and program records of 30,441 they had established in 2021.

In 2021, App State led the 130-team FBS at 101.5 percent home attendance relative to capacity.

3 Likes

Damn! I just knew it! Bobcats are paying me back for driving to Athens and cheering against them.

1 Like

They became a football cult here in NC on the day they upset Michigan. They’ve been building on that ever since…