Bowl predictions and preferences

When can we start to expect to know who is going where? We knew last year the winner of our game against BSU was Bahamas bound.

The Bahamas Bowl generally announced early as teams had to work on passports. I’d expect we won’t know our bowl until after the championship game.

3 Likes

Yep…ya figure ESPN would like to set up a marquee G5 match up between MAC champion and a champ from another conference…if Toledo beats us, obviously they’d be ranked, maybe as high as 20th, and would be a very appealing bowl team.

Even if we prevail, we won’t be ranked but still an attractive G5 bowl team…if we lose, it would seem that many seem to think we will go to Arizona Bowl…despite the negatives of this bowl, we would probably get a worthy but hopefully beatable MWC opponent in that game.

If a football game breaks out in Arizona and the only way to watch it is online, does it make a sound?

Let’s hope so… we will all be watching, but sounds like few others will be…

The official Bowl Selection Show is Sunday at noon.

1 Like

The Atlantic just posted updated bowl projections, and again we are predicted for the Arizona Bowl vs. Boise. If Boise wins it’s conference championship game, that would be a pretty good match up, and playing perienniel G5 power Boise would get us some attention.

1 Like

Boise has fired its head coach. No replacement has been named. It would probably be a situation like the one we found ourselves in last year vs UAB.

Yahoo sports has Miami playing UNLV in the Arizona Bowl. Those picking us in that bowl seem to be presenting decent opponents, but I’m still not a fan of the internet only broadcast.

2 Likes

Not a fan either of being placed in the least watched bowl.

1 Like

I am a little mystified as to why so many pundits have put us into that bowl from the beginning…is it common knowledge that Barstool wants us?

I see some other MAC teams projected into some nice bowl venues like Myrtle Beach, Boca, Charlotte, and Mobile, AL. Why not us??

Given David Saylor’s disdain for long distance travel, I’m guessing neither Tucson nor Boise are on the top of his Christmas list.

1 Like

Any rumors afloat about what bowls might be sending reps to Detroit?

Arizona Bowl to be broadcast on the CW. https://x.com/ChrisVannini/status/1730277060558328262?s=20

4 Likes

This is a good thing.

1 Like

Jake, Dave, and Big Cat are going to pop a monster rating!

3 Likes

Good news…I get the CW!

1 Like

If we get the Arizona Bowl that will replace Dawson’s Creek as the most important thing ever aired on the WB/CW.

“I don’t want to wait… for another MAC championship.”

2 Likes

I’ve tried to sell a pilot for Dawson’s Cul-de-Sac many times with no luck. In it, the cast all ended up in Atlanta and for some reason live on the same block. Other than that, nothing has changed and the show is exactly the same except now, they all gripe about their jobs.

2 Likes

Although if the CW gonna use the same production crew as LIV Golf (I could only watch for about 5 minutes before I gave up when I stumbled upon it one afternoon)… then give me streaming.