Bowl Eligibility 2022

That’s progress, right?

Sorta kinda I guess! At least it’s less anxiety for the MU faithful.

1 Like

At least we didn’t need an NCAA waiver to create our 22 bowl.

2 Likes

Yep, that was slightly embarrassing last year k owing we were one of the last two bowl eligible picks desirable for a bowl game. That’s why that even tho the Bahamas Bowl may not all that prestigious, it’s kinda nice to the first locked into a bowl this time around. The lower tier bowls are pretty much all the same anyway, and going to the Bahamas has to be a real kick for the team, coaches, and parents of players.

2 Likes

Could be Rice if they beat North Texas this weekend. Several options still on the table. But we know we don’t have to worry. Just waiting for an opponent.

1 Like

Rice doesn’t need to beat UNT if less than 82 teams qualify. They’d get a bowl based on APR.

2 Likes

Bahamas cant wait for that technicality

2 Likes

I just checked Miami’s current football APR. it looks like we’re tied for 31st in FBS and tied for 3rd in the MAC with a 178 score. I thought we used to be considerably higher. Fun Fact: We would be the top APR in both the SEC and Sun Belt. That’s interesting.

1 Like

WKU just eliminated FAU from bowl eligibility - won’t be the Owls in Nassau.

UAB winning by 11 in the 2nd, Rice down by 10 in the 4th. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Blazers are in our future, though we did take care of business against a C-USA team with green as their primary color last year.

UAB’s QB stat line through the first half: 4/8, 1 yard, interception

Is that a typo? How is that passing stat line even possible?

In terms of rushing, UAB has 17 carries for 233 yards.

2 Likes

I would be happy to have an offensively limited opponent in Nassau.

5 Likes

Rice probably doesn’t need to win to get one of the CUSA bids because of APR. And UTEP is leading UTSA by 10 at the half. They’re bowl eligible with a win. 76 tesms bowl eligible right now. Seven more needed.

2 Likes

UTEP(5-6) up 24-14 at half over USTA (9-2). Could UTEP also possibly be our opponent if they get the win to finish 6-6?

Yep…or Western Kentucky or Rice or UAB or… probably not MTSU because they were in Nassau last year or UNT because we just played them in Frisco.

If UAB truly is one dimensional on O, I vote for playing them! :grin:

2 Likes

North Texas beats Rice. Mean Green plays UTSA for CUSA championship. I’m guessing Rice isn’t coming to Nassau because we have to wait until next week to find out if Buffalo is bowl eligible. Won’t be UNT or UTSA because they’re playing each other next week.

I’m guessing Western Kentucky, UAB or UTEP, if the win today.

UTSA has come back to tie it up w UTEP 31 all.

1 Like

L-Tech scores to cut UAB lead to 37-27 w 8 minutes left.

Looks like UAB will survive and get to 6-6…our opponent perhaps??