Bowl Eligibility 2022

So then why did you say you were curious about the headline?

When I thought about it wondered if there was another reason other than the very obvious one you suggested. I made my assumption that it was just a misleading/mistaken headline based on a lack of any significant insight offered my anyone to my original comment…

Jerry Palm has us projected for Bahamas Bowl vs. UAB if we beat Cards.

UAB is currently 5-6 and has to beat La. Tech (3-8) on the 26th to be bowl eligible.

SI has Ball State taking our place in the Myrtle Beach Bowl. Now that would really piss me off!

1 Like

Well, if we win, BSU isn’t going anywhere!

2 Likes

That’s precisely why that prediction would piss me off. We know what it means.

1 Like

Honest question to any sportswriter reading this: save for a handful of years, does anyone ever accurately predict the outcomes in The Mac? Each game is such a crapshoot.

2 Likes

The two bowl watchers at The Athletic - Bonagura and Schlabach - both see Ball State winning Tuesday and getting a bowl bid. Hoping the emerging consensus is 180 degrees off.

Thats right. We go everywhere together.

1 Like

I was looking for the spread on the game and came across a couple betting sites (I don’t gamble so clueless about this stuff), but both gave Miami a slight edge on coming up w a win.

2 Likes

P.S. If Steele plays and is at 100%, I have a bad feeling about our chances.

Granted, I was expecting better than 6-6 but I will say it was nice not having to continue the annual tradition of figuring out all scenarios impacting bowl eligibility and determining which random teams we have to root against throughout Thanksgiving weekend.

6 Likes

Bahamas Bowl is first up with Friday the 16th afternoon on ESPN all to itself.

Many have projected UAB as opponent should they beat L-Tech this weekend. I like a C-USA 6-6 team match-up which should give us a good shot at winning!

1 Like

If we play UAB, the over/under is going to be like 35.

Miami vs UAB would be like watching paint dry.

1 Like

Good. That is our game plan. Bore the hell out of everyone for nearly 3 hours and then hit a big play (Mozee vs. Northwestern, Hippenhammer vs NIU, Marshall vs BSU)

7 Likes

That’s our identity this season. You nailed it!

2 Likes

4-3 in one score games by my count.

From last team selected for bowl last year to first selection this year!

1 Like