Bowl Eligibility 2022

As much as I would prefer to go to Mobile for good seafood or Tucson for really good Sonoran/Chihuahuan-style Mexican food, I suppose a loaded baked potato in Boise would be okay.

2 Likes

Bogus opens this weekend. Very early opening!

1 Like

Sopa de Ajo…,Basque garlic soup!

It looks like several teams got passports in advance when the bowl started.

No idea if teams still do that, but it would make sense to me. You’d only have to deal with getting new players passports during each summer and everyone else would be set already

1 Like

Mobile was a blast, would love to go back. Like a not as cool New Orleans, walk around with booze, in and out of bars, great time!

5 Likes

It was a seriously cool experience. Watching the parade outside the hotel with the team was a blast. Took the battleship tour with them, too.

They’ve moved the game from venerable old/obsolete Ladd Pedbles to the new Whitney Hancock Stadium over on the USA campus.

Ahh… January 6, 2000. Hanging out with people all over town. Had never heard of COVID-19. Good times!

1 Like

Need to act fast if you want this Airbnb.

3 Likes

Does it come with toppings (e.g., sour cream, chives, etc.)?

1 Like

I would be beyond happy if we land here. Or The Beef O Brady bowl. But mainly here since I don’t know that there’s a Beef O Brady bowl anymore.

Not sure about this year but in the past Miami checked all players for passports when camp started.

Upgrades…try a little Salsa on it, you will not regret it

1 Like

Or New Mexico Hatch Green Chiles!

1 Like

By my count 9 of 12 MAC teams have played in Boise (us, EMU, and Ball State have not), one of these days we’re probably due.

1 Like

It would add some solid promotion if the MAC could determine what bowl the team that wins is going to and have them on site on Tuesday.

1 Like

Beat Ball! Eat Basque!

1 Like

Curious as to why the headline on Miami’s web site says we’re playing Ball State for “possible” bowl eligibility. Since only six MAC teams can mathematically become bowl eligible not, doesn’t the winner automatically get one of the six assigned to the MAC?

Because Miami needs to win to be bowl eligible.

OK. We’re playing for bowl eligibility not for possible bowl eligibility. We’re not playing for possible bowl ineligibility. Winner goes to a bowl. Loser goes home. Semantics I guess.

Reading the headline I was worried that there was something I didnt know

Do we really not have 6 bowl slots?

Does our Robert Morris win only count if nobody else is left?

It was either a badly written headline or there is something we should know that we dont

1 Like

I’m sure it’s a badly written headline done by someone who doesn’t know all the details.