Bowl Eligibility 2022

Let’s hope we can get by BSU and get some momentum back in a bowl game…our finish last year and good performance in the Frisco Classic was one of the reasons I had so much initial optimism for this season…unfortunately we underperformed but finishing out w a bowl win and a winning record would still be nice!

3 Likes

Always get bowl eligible. It is now a minimum threshold for success. Unless you do, you fall in the bottom 38% of the FBS pool. That is failure to launch.

On the whole, this season has been a disappointment. Yes, we beat NW, though they’re now riding a 9-game losing streak. Gabbert has been hurt. Twice. We were heavy favorites to win the East, and we came nowhere near doing so.

That said, I really want a bowl game. It would be our first back-to-back bowls since 2003-04. Playing on national TV is pretty much always a good thing, and I would really like to finish over .500. The biggest reason for me, though, is having that game to look forward to during the holidays. Bowl season is always fun, but it’s even more so when you see your team on the schedule.

3 Likes

Beating Ball State and being competitive in a bowl should guarantee CM one more season. If so, I think an eight win regular season in 2023 ought to be the minimum outcome for his retention in 2024. A very good MAC team could go 2-2 in the OOC. We need to become that very good MAC team.

2 Likes

We? Lol

My wife and I

2 Likes

Not sure what’s so funny about that?

2 Likes

Just a casual fan with no inside connections. I see.

What’s your deal anyway? My wife and I were going to Mexico and needed passports and were told it takes up to 90 days. Geez

OK. That’s certainly not what it sounded like in a Bahamas Bowl reference. But OK. Without “it takes” in your comment it leaves it open to interpretation.

1 Like

It was a “ passport reference “ but ok.

Here are the 6 primary MAC bowls:

Bahamas Bowl vs Conference USA

Camellia Bowl vs American Athletic or Sun Belt

Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs Mountain West

LendingTree Bowl vs Sun Belt

Barstool Arizona Bowl vs Mountain West

Quick Lane Bowl vs Big Ten

Have to think we wouldn’t go to Bahamas due to passports and wouldn’t go to Detroit because Eastern and the Toledo teams would be more desirable for ticket sales.

That leaves the two Alabama bowls and the two bowls out west. Mobile and Tucson would probably be the most desirable locations.

2 Likes

BC1 and BC2 (“we”)…come on…follow along.

1 Like

Getting real off topic here. I’m not sure why anyone would assume otherwise after reading the comment.

3 Likes

Agree that it is another big benefit

1 Like

This in probably not a popular comment, but I think this would be the year for us to go to the Potato Bowl. We have never taken our turn to go to Boise in the Winter and eventually we are going to have to do that. This year I think it would be to our advantage. I think with our kicking game and Aveon at QB, playing in bad weather is actually an advantage for us. So might as well go to Boise in a year where it might help us.

6 Likes

Great idea, Dick, and a timely one. The current CBS Bowl projection has Ball State playing Wyoming in Boise. I’d love a crack at the Cowpokes on the Smurf Turf. Better a RedHawk than a Cardinal.

1 Like

I told my daughter that I thought Boise because we would be the 6th pick