Bowl Eligibility 2022

Winner to Montgomery AL or The Bahamas? :joy:

Feels good to control destiny knowing winner gets a bowl no matter what. Thank you WMU!

2 Likes

Is that right? 6 wins and we definitely get one now?

1 Like

Great news! The stars are now aligned for Miami to salvage a bowl berth out of a disappointing season! At this point, I’ll take it!

1 Like

Probably at UConn’s expense if 83 teams become eligible. They don’t have a bowl contract.

Either us or Ball state will be the 6th mac Bowl eligible team

1 Like

…which would guarantee us a slot, no? (if we beat BSU).

1 Like

Yeah…think so, win …go get a potato.

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

Sure hope it’s Boca or Montgomery…just more fun for the players, coaches, and fans.

1 Like

If we can beat Ball State, I’m rooting for Myrtle Beach. A MAC team hasn’t played in it yet. I went to it last year. It was Tulsa vs Old Dominion.

Correct, what I said above

1 Like

Yes that would be another nice destination.

3 Likes

Other than location and presumed “prestige” is there much of a difference what bowl each MAC school goes to from a monetary perspective?

I know certain bowls payout more than others, but isn’t that the conference’s money anyways?

There is some split done after expenses are figured out…not sure how it “all ends up in the wash” but I don’t really think any MAC schools make money on bowls.

To me a nice destination and beatable opponent rank highest on the wish list…if we end up in Boise, so be it, but hopefully not.

3 Likes

For proximity and vacation destination reasons, my first choice is Myrtle Beach. I think Boca and the Cure Bowl in Orlando are my next highest ranked MAC Bowls. Next IMO is Mobile, but only because we’ve been there recently. Otherwise I’d put it higher on the list. Next is Detroit because it’s easily drivable for most Miami fans and students and it’s against a meh Big 10 team.

Bottom on my list is actually Bahamas, because it is incredibly expensive to get there and there really isn’t any traditional Bowl game atmosphere. Next to last is the Idaho Famous Potato Bowl, but only because it’s expensive to get to and the weather can be cold and blustery. Boise is actually a neat city - great Basque food - and you can possibly slipin a little ski slope action at Bogus Basin.

To cash in, a MAC team really needs to make it to a NY6 bowl. We could build a new press box with that cash.

2 Likes

I like being in a bowl game for a number of reasons-television exposure not only for the game itself, but being on the list of bowl games for several weeks on various national websites. It also affords fans an opportunity to travel and enjoy the sights and sounds of a city with all the special events the city has planned for the game. I have been to Mobile three times for games and enjoyed every trip. Would like to have another destination. Of course, don’t want to take the cart before the horse-have to beat Ball State.

2 Likes

The thread I’ll link below makes me want the Bahamas Bowl. The problem is passports take so long, typically only teams who know they’re bowl eligible earlier in the season are able to attend.

4 Likes

Bowl games also give you another 10-15 practices which are very valuable to the younger guys on the team.

2 Likes

We were told 90 days or more to get a passport.