Biggest Play in School History

1 Like

In order of watching them
Ty King vs UC
(also a dishonorable mention to Chuck Martin blowing the time out call against UC)
It Ain’t Over Tillitz Over
Boucher to Givens

2 Likes

The Ty-Breaker vs UC

2 Likes

A win over UC by any score or any way would be huge.

1 Like

I’m a youngin’ (Class of 18) so my ‘Biggest Play’ is Sam Shisso scoring that TD against Ball State to complete the 0-6 to 6-6.

6 Likes

My first time ever at the shoe was the Miami game where Bath got screwed by BIG 10 refs. Our seats were down in that corner of the stadium and had a good view. I’m not sure if he was in or not but sure looked like it and if he wasn’t in then he got knocked silly on a late hit. The whole game I had to endure sitting to a Miami student who grew up in Uppity Arlington (an OUS stronghold) and spent the whole time rooting for OSU. Wanted to spill a coke on the punk! But was there with my oldest son so just had to grumble and bear it.

As to best plays not sure of the year and wouldn’t call it the best play but it was notable. We were at USucks and in a close one we ran a trick run play to score the go ahead touch down very late in the game and won it. Don’t remember the play that well but it was right down in front of the Miami section and of course everyone went nuts.

1 Like

My biggest play was when we beat Toledo at home in 2009. I was there because men’s tennis was being honored at halftime. (No humble brag here as I was the worst and only kept around because I was useful and often funny.) Anyhow, football was 0-8, but that day, they played inspired and best Toledo. I’ve seen us beat better teams, but no play was more special as we ended a losing streak against a team we haven’t played much (if at all) since.

2 Likes

I stormed the field that day

3 Likes

It was so special. Empty stadium which in honor of our team who was very successful was a little meh, but 0-8 team. Then they won! One of the best Miami days I ever had.

1 Like

1:27:20

3 Likes

I used to fly from Seattle to Ohio each fall to visit my folks in Eaton and attend one or two Miami games. I was fortunate to be a Yager on October 28, 1989 to see Miami hold on for a 17-13 win over BG. The win snapped the nation’s longest non-winning streak at 20. My dad - a double Miami dad and grandfather - gave me a big hug with tears in his eyes as the team sang the fight song on the field. It had been way too long.

3 Likes

Another version includes pre and post game interviews. I love The pregame Arnsbarger interview. Also edited in between plays to speed up watching. Morris to Schillinger 2nd TD is at 1:34. Also in highlights at end. I want to change vote for biggest play in history. From Morris Schillinger 2. We did not need those points and while a big play it was not as big as Tommy Graham and the OL punching it in from the 1 to get the second TD. Tommy Graham biggest back biggest play.

3 Likes

What was the fumble/INT count for both sides in this one…good stuff.

Mathers donated/paid for first turf field at Yager (1st reno)…they’ve been successful business owners in Cincy area.

Fun fact-I listened to the end of that game in the car, returning from seeing the original Top Gun at the theater.

2 Likes

We listened to it in Hepburn, along with seemingly everyone else. People were running up and down the hallways in the 4th quarter with the radio call blaring from every room. Then a mass march uptown after the game went final.

1 Like

Thanks for posting that LSU game footage…I was there and remember distinctly coming out of my seat (in my rain poncho which covered my Miami shirt) and screamed “yes!” as Schillinger hauled in that TD pass and all of a sudden all the LSU people around me gave me the evil eye.

2 Likes

You should have thrown a Boudin sausage at them.

1 Like

I’m partway thru the 2nd quarter. THANKS to both for posting the game.

I didn’t listen to the game back when it was played and first hearing over and over " the Miami Redskins"…“another Redskins first down” is kind of funny now.

Next these announcers are the biggest homers ever.

1 Like

They eat a small amount of crow at the end. And the last part is a nice compliment from the LSU quarterback. I’d play the opening interviews, especially Arnsbarger that says We just don’t want to be a part of Miami history like Georgia,SC, etc. then a highlight real. They should have a master highlight reel composite from all the tomahawk wins. Seeing is believing. Note: Rose never belittled his team in the interview. That team expected to win.

Fun to watch again…I remember how LSU had something like 21 first downs to our 8, but forgot how many turnovers we caused in the second half…every time LSU got a little momentum, they coughed it up again.

Sure loved the way our guys competed, especially on defense!

P.S. that game was the highlight of the year for the Redskins…I went out to Fresno for the Cal Bowl later that year, which was a major disappointment. There was a really good Miami crowd at the game, though, and it was great to see Miami back in a bowl game!

2 Likes