Bergeron Canned

Per sources:

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/1769910378794762243

1 Like

Wow I wasn’t expecting this until tomorrow at least

If this is true, and it probably is and imo certainly should be, it will be a very challenging hire.

1 Like

There have been a few other head coaches fired who will be looking for a job. I personally would like to see someone younger. We’ve seen how Gabinet, Mayotte, and Carle have done in this league.

1 Like

Multiple sources have this on twitter now. Reading between the lines, they seem to be getting it from the players who were informed tonight.

1 Like

Called it last night after the Stew burner account tweeted a couple days ago hearing he was gone and then deleted the account

4 Likes

Teams looking for coaches:
Princeton
Stonehill
Lindenwood
Bowling Green
Miami

I’d like to say we are the most valuable option

2 Likes

Sad deal. Wish it would have worked out for him.
For the new coach coming in, the potential to improve on this year’s record is obviously possible. Maybe all the alums of note have a POV on who the person is.

9 Likes

Certainly a more decisive move from Sayler than we had for Coop, Owens, and Hendrix, assuming it’s true.

1 Like

It’ll be interesting to watch the transfer portal and see how this affects that

1 Like

Hendrix was a totally different situation. But, it probably has something to do with the fact that Bergeron’s buyout didn’t decrease over time. Although, that also begs the question why he was even given this season.

4 Likes

Yeah, his buyout was always one year salary. But I think you could reasonably have said that he had a path to improvement before this season and I’m sure the AD isn’t eager to pony up 320k if they don’t have to. One conference win was the killer.

3 Likes

Yeah worst record in NCHC history was a fireable offense by itself. Forget the pattern of losing the 4 years before

1 Like

Not chris fault no coach will turn the program around intill we get out of this conference

1 Like

Maybe berge goes back to bowling green

1 Like

We might need to hire a strong candidate from Within the conference.
( who knows how the NCHC works)?

This is a real land mine assignment for Miami’s AD.

2 Likes

Check out CHN ( college hockey news online) from 3/18/23 ,article.

2 Likes

Controversial but I’ve seen people say they want peter maninno. I mean he’s been integral in CCs turnaround and has recruited guys like mbereko, wisdom, and laba. We could use that kind of finesse. And he’s definitely seen his fair share of the nchc with ties to denver Omaha CC and Miami.

But also I lowkey want a completely fresh start with someone who hasn’t been here so they can look at the program with open eyes and a clean slate

1 Like

What decent hockey recruit wants to come to Miami? Team needs players who are good enough to play in the NCHC.

Currently not enough which explains the awful 23-24 season

1 Like

You’d figure at some point, leadership in the AD’s office would realize that we have not had success with the “Miami Man” methodology of hiring coaches.

1 Like