Ball State Game Thread

True grit!

I dunno…at first I also thought it was a stupid move, but Neu’s QB had thrown 2 bad picks, and had just missed a wide open receiver for the win, and Miami’s offense was so inept in the second half, he was figuring on getting the ball back…and they did! (Rather quickly !)

His kicker was having a good game, so I can see why he did it…I guess it just wasn’t his day.

1 Like

I’m choosing to believe that despite saying he was going to try to win today, Chuck held back and saved some surprises for the MACC. Because there’s no way our offense can be this bad, right?

2 Likes

SMH - I just don’t know.

I hate to have to ask this, but are you serious? There is a team in Columbus that would like to have a word with you if you are.

Yes it can be and yes it is. I’m glad we got the win, and I am glad we got to 10 wins, but I am not going to sugar coat anything.

1 Like

A team that just lost to their biggest rival for the third straight year

That does not in any way, shape or form, mean Miami is better than Ohio State. Plus Ohio State is 11-1. Miami is 10-2. So by record alone, OSU is the best team in Ohio and I hate OSU. (and Michigan).

5 Likes

We win ugly. We find a way and scratch/claw to do so. It’s fine by me. There’s a coach in Ohio named John Cooper the second up at OSU who could learn something from us.

2 years in a row!

1 Like

Blocking kicks, like everything else, is a skill.

2 Likes

10-2!

Was traveling, so missed…

Looks like we gave up a ton on ground, some drama at end?

170 passing for us? Bizarro land…take it, Miami never gets the luck.

1 Like

A few things can be simultaneously true. One, we played like crap, probably deserved to lose, and our chances of beating Toledo are very small if we repeat this performance next week. But two, you can’t go 10-2 in the regular season without being pretty good, we’re 10-2, and good teams find ways to win games they shouldn’t. I would’ve certainly preferred if we won something like 27-0, but Ball State has improved over the season and isn’t the worst of the MAC. Let’s go smash some Rockets.

2 Likes

People keep saying we played like crap. That’s not entirely true. Our OFFENSE was crap. Smith threw 2 picks. We failed to convert a 4th and 1 at midfield. We scored 3 2nd half points.

As usual, our defense and special teams were on point.

2 Likes

I was thinking along the same lines – that Chuck was sandbagging last 4 weeks and is going to pull out a game plan that works for AS and maybe even a two QB system! Chess not checkers!

1 Like

Post an invite on Bucknuts.com to invite all their fans to cheer for 2 Ohio teams in a championship bowl game next Saturday. They’ve got nothing else better to do next week……….

3 Likes

OSU, Miami, and Toledo are a combined 32-4 (with one of those losses a head-to-head). Can any other state boast that of their top 3 teams?

1 Like

Run defense was not particularly good today. Gave up well over 200 yards on the ground. Thankfully the BSU QB threw 2 very bad INT.

1 Like

True, though Cooper is a beast. And we still only gave up 15 points in the road.