Bahamas Bowl roll call

Two years after graduating, I was at Purdue when the ‘73 team upset Purdue in game two to start the magical three year run.

2 Likes

…and magical it was, Nescacdad!

3 Likes

I’m in. RDU just launched flights to the Bahamas so ifigured I’d take advantage. And I need a beach vacay anyways!
I Feel like there’s a reunion due with @yanksalex & @Spanks004!!!

4 Likes

Nescacdad, I was there from 74-78…pretty cool w MAC championships 3 of 4 years, bowl wins over Georgia and South Carolina, and two top 12 rankings.

P.S. and hoops weren’t too shabby, either! Aldridge, Ayers, Goodyear, Shoemaker, etc.

2 Likes

I’m serious about buying some drinks for people. Someone let me know who to Venmo.

2 Likes

I watched the Florida game with a bunch of Miami and OSU friends at a party in Columbus. Euphoria! By the Georgia game I was working in Lewiston, Idaho and watched in a restaurant bar with some new friends. They’d never known much about Miami of Ohio but they found out a lot that night! It absolutely astounds people today when I tell them Miami had a 33-1-1 run and beat Florida, Georgia and South Carolina in consecutive bowl games.

3 Likes

Pretty safe to say no MAC team will ever beat a SEC team in 3 straight bowls again.

4 Likes

If no one has yet volunteered to be the bag man I’ll do it. Check your PMs.

4 Likes

Yesss, see you there! @Bash_Riprock we will gladly take part in @thechuck_2112’s drink offer!

3 Likes

Looking forward to a beach getaway and seeing whoever else makes it down! I think @Spanks004, @yanksalex, and I all get in Wednesday.

1 Like

Has anyone checked into cell phone service of U.S. carriers in the Bahamas? Are you all planning on swapping out SIM cards so you can use your phone locally?

1 Like

I have Verizon. Typically I just enable Travel Pass while I’m out of the country. For Verizon it’s $10/day/line and includes texting, calling, and data. No need to change your SIM and you can enable it through a text message.

1 Like

Sent Bash $50. I have no idea how much booze costs in the Bahamas, so hope that gets at least one round for some folks.

1 Like

With any luck, he will buy a giant fishbowl and pass around the straws. Pictures when that happens, please!!!

3 Likes

Damn.That might have worked for me if I had known earlier…$472 RT from RDU to Nassau with a 1:30 stopover in Freeport. Leaving Thursday afternoon and returning Sunday afternoon. No CLT! No ATL. Have fun!

1 Like

Chuck’s (not Martin) beer and rum money is in the bag. I’ll see everyone at the stadium on Friday where we can decide if we want to drink there or somewhere else after the game.

1 Like

It’s the same for AT&T as JiveHawk posted for Verizon. $10/day, you’ll usually get a text upon arrival stating it’s available.

1 Like

Cool. I use Consumer Cellular… Hey! No old people jokes!.. which uses the AT&T network.

2 Likes

Will the Jitterbug phone be making the trip?

1 Like

Get off my lawn whipper-snapper!

3 Likes