Back In The Day...We Had Some Pretty Good Concerts

Nor was it Marvin Gaye.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, both of those options would have appealed to me more. This was their biggest hit and it kind of sounds the soundtrack of a chase scene from Streets of San Francisco.

3 Likes

Yeah, probably a case where a video doesn’t really help.

2 Likes

Chase had to be just about the LOUDEST concert I have ever attended, and I’ve been to a lot. I thought the glass in the Millett Hall concourse might shatter soon after my eardrums.

Right arm, brother! Farm out! Out of state!

If I remember correctly, the reason they were one-hit wonders was due to a plane crash. Their bus broke down near an airport in Florida, and one of the band members was a part time pilot who “borrowed” a private plane to “buzz” the tour bus a few times. They buzzed them once and then tried it again, unfortunately the wingtips made contact with the bus and caused it to careen into a garage and explode.

Does not appear a bus was involved: Accident Piper PA-30-160 Twin Comanche N8129Y,

You’re thinking of Randy Rhoads.

D’oh! That’s right. Great guitarist.

QQ: Did Ozzy Osbourne or Black Sabbath ever play in Oxford?

Ya know, if you’re a rock artist and your bus breaks down, don’t catch a flight to your next gig. Seems like you’re tempting fate.

1 Like

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Buddy Holly agree.

And the Big Bopper

Jim Croce went out in a small plane crash, too, as did John Denver, Patsy Cline, Hawkshaw Hawkins, and Cowboy Copas. So did Otis Redding.

I’m driving between gigs!

1 Like

and Ronnie Van Zant and Steve Gaines of Lynyrd Skynyrd.

1 Like

and Ritchie Valens

1 Like

Dean Martin’s son.

Ricky Nelson

Glenn Miller

1 Like

So, I guess they never passed that way again? :wink:

1 Like