Away @ UMass Info

Currently in the Comfort Inn Hadley (Hadley is right near the Amherst line). I just finished 3 rounds of miniature golf at the nearby Western Mass Family Golf Center. It’s in the mid-90s and I downed 1.75 bottles of Gatorade on the short walk back to the hotel.

If that doesn’t get you in the mood for football, I don’t know what will do that for you.

3 Likes

Coming in around 1:15 PM is a bad time with the march holding up traffic.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F5cwVQ1aUAApNyG?format=webp&name=360x360

1 Like

You should probably stop at the Hanger if you like beer and wings tomorrow.

https://clk.umassathletics.com/e/es?s=2019595&e=5943&elqTrackId=efd74c1a1b7a40299e524d6e5aa03bea&elq=41c31721ab624ff284bedd723aa257db&elqaid=474&elqat=1
Includes link to parking map and in Lot 11 white - Gridiron Club.
Rock Hill side entrance is good for South Lawn parking.

PURCHASE YOUR BBQ PASSES AHEAD OF TIME!

Ticket purchasers have the option to purchase a pass to a BBQ inside the stadium on game days for the September home games! For just $15 for adults (ages 13 & older) and $10 for youth (ages 12 & under), purchasers can make their way through the buffet style BBQ from gates open (90 minutes prior to kickoff) up until halftime. Food provided by the nation’s number one dining program, UMass Dining, can be enjoyed at the new family eating section on the field level in front of sections 8 and 9.

Passes will be sold at the advance rate while supplies last up until 24 hours prior to kickoff. If available on the day of the game, passes will be sold at the entrance of the BBQ to adults for $20 per pass and youth for $15 each.

This pass is not valid for stadium admission on game day. The purchase of a game ticket is required to enter McGuirk Alumni Stadium.

This morning’s weather forecast looks like it’s going to be an absolutely crappy weekend in Amherst - 50-70% chance of rain and thunderstorms all weekend long starting today at about 1 pm. Sucks!

1 Like

That means the run game must work. if rain comes

1 Like

Don’t worry, we can stay in the Hunt Hospitality suite and the Gridiron Tailgate has a tent.

1 Like

Thanks. Nice option…

Rain I can deal with. I’m a Washington Husky fan, too… spent many an afternoon wrapped in Hefty Bags. Lightning throws a wrench into college football games. I don’t like it!

Leaving NC for the game right now. At the Marriott (not the Courtyard) at BDL the next two nights. Got a good deal on Priceline.

1 Like

3 Likes

LET’S GO!!!

https://twitter.com/MiamiOHFootball/status/1700289194076033506?s=20

Where are you sitting- decided to go last minute - purchasing a ticket at the stadium

1 Like

I’m 10 miles from Amherst. Will be in Section 16 if anyone wants to say hi and commiserate about what absolute losers we are for spending our a Saturday like this.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl:image

We’re in a weather delay.

Kindly let us know if you get any updates on ko time.

This is a total clown show. It’s not like the weather is so severe — or potentially severe —
that they are even forcing people out of the stands (merely suggesting people leave).

I’m watching on ESPN plus right now and it looks pretty nice. Maybe some clouds, but no precipitation or lighting or thunder. Forecast for Amherst also doesn’t have that until later….

1 Like

Down the road, they put the Boston College - Holy Cross game into a weather delay with less than 2 minutes remaining and Holy Cross driving while trailing by 3.

1 Like

All the concession stands are open except the alcohol. There is absolutely no indication that bad weather is even going to impact us. Good to know other schools are as stupid as we are.

1 Like

Alex run on to the field with a “climate change is real”sign and glue your feet to the 50 yard line!!

3 Likes