Away @ UMass Info

Hi all,

Realize this will only pertain to a few but want to welcome you to McQuirk Stadium. There is a new in stadium BBQ available and as with parking passes is cheaper in advance.

In Stadium BBQ Info

NEW FOR THE 2023 SEASON - Ticket purchasers have the option to purchase a pass to a BBQ inside the stadium on game days! For just $15 for adults (ages 13 & older) and $10 for youth (ages 12 & under), purchasers can make their way through the buffet style BBQ from gates open (90 minutes prior to kickoff) up until halftime. Food provided by the nation’s number one dining program, UMass Dining, can be enjoyed at the new family eating section on the field level in front of sections 8 and 9.

Passes will be sold at the advance rate while supplies last up until 24 hours prior to kickoff. If available on the day of the game, passes will be sold at the entrance of the BBQ to adults for $20 per pass and youth for $15 each.

Here is the info on UMass 2023 Football Gameday 101 with parking info at the bottom. Buy parking in advance! I’ll be in Lot 11 - White
Gameday 101 link, still says 2022

Did do a Visitor Guide a long time ago but still has some good info.
Older Visitors Guide to UMass

3 Likes

I know Yager’s press box row is not that impressive, but think we found a “winner”

lol

2 Likes

Haha, That was replaced as part of the FBS upgrade, nearly a decade ago. Could not find any good pictures as the links no longer work. But have a few images in the link from January 2015.

https://www.architectmagazine.com/project-gallery/university-of-massachusettsamherst-mcguirk-alumni-stadium-upgrades-and-new-football-performance-center-6482

2 Likes

Deleted

1 Like

When they built the press box they kept it separate from the stands, it does not touch the stands structure. This made it easier and less costly by not having to deal with structural engineering and permits. They basically built a press box on stilts. On the inside it is actually fairly nice

1 Like

If it touches the stadium, then the whole stadium would have to brought up to current building codes. Later, we were able to get a waiver to add some hand railings. The aisles are not wide enough for the current building standards by a couple of inches, without the waiver. Those railings are only in the center of the home side.

1 Like

That was it, I knew it had something to do with the current structures. A smart move by them to create a free standing press box.

1 Like

Hope our first road win in 24 games does not deter you all from visiting the Pioneer Valley. Nescacdad, the gridiron passes came today and there is a ticket for the Gridiron tailgate.

1 Like

Thanks! Great win in Las Cruces tonight. I was in that stadium in February.

1 Like

fyi 48 hour flash sale for online general admission tix.

1 Like

Phommachanh was injured in the opening drive. Not sure if he’ll be starting as was finally pulled. One leg had the calf wrapped and the other had a knee brace.

Gotta love “celebrat{ing} the 1-0 start”

Anyway…sounds like Coldiron is not in a good way, sucks for him.

1 Like

I was going to ask, what is Coldiron’s injury and did we suffer any other significant injuries?

2 Likes

I don’t know, leg, maybe ankle?

That said in the audio on Miami’s page, CM said it “did not look good for Coldiron.” But that was the only injury.

1 Like

They said coldiron is probably out for the season :frowning:

Also does anyone know what’s up with dom dzioban? Will he be back this weekend?

Uniform:
Red helmet
White jersey
White pants

Interesting. I don’t remember ever using that combo before. Usually when we go with the red helmets they’re paired with the red pants.

Torn ACL for Coldiron. Hate it for him and the team.

2 Likes

Suspected that. Tough luck. Went through it with my own kid who tore his ACL as a first line forward in his first game as a prep school senior. Wiped out hockey and baseball his senior year. Sucks!

2 Likes

Our Don Brown interview with Brandon London on New York Post Sports.

https://x.com/jackschmelznger/status/1699815383275057558?s=46&t=kkeF2AzE13jVd9hF623X4A