A look at our current women’s basketball roster

No mention of how points per game as a senior, so I assume under 10.

Averaged 10 points a game as a junior, on 75% shooting from the free throw line and 40% from the field.

Based on the number of transfers with below 10 ppg at community colleges or late signings of high school recruits who averaged below 10 ppg, it looks like a couple true freshman may have to carry this team. Can this team win more than 5 games against D1 schools this season?

1 Like

I think we will win more than you think. Assuming everyone stays healthy.

1 Like

This team can’t be worse than the mess under Hendrix the last few years. At least hopefully they will be well coached.

2 Likes

Would that this will be true.

2 Likes

We’ve already “won” because we didn’t carry her into another season and we’ve got an apparent high quality replacement in place. Wins and losses are fairly irrelevant in year one after the housecleaning.

I just want a team on the court well coached that doesn’t look lost and doesn’t turn the ball over 23 times a game.

1 Like

Wasn’t box announced a week or two after the Hendrix drama went public? Seemed like a very quick process to me, but the timing sucked but no one’s at fault

1 Like

Here is a timeline:

March 5 Season ends, in an incredibly bad move, administration does not fire a failed coach.

April 26 Hendrix resigns…by this time we had already lost Wolf and Cluse

May 8 Box hired

May 26 First roster additions announced

July 5 Roster completed

Don’t forget March 5 - David Sayler inexplicably does not fire Hendrix for horrific on-court performance.

6 Likes

That is the BIG one IMO. Results were terrible. Should’ve been able to move money around or find it to cover the cost of letting the coach go.

1 Like

Complain to the BOT

1 Like

Hi Jive, good to see you back! Hope you are doing great.

Why would we waste our energy reaching out to the BOD? We can just come to this Board and get just as much traction with our bitching!

OK. I will fix it above.