A look at our current women’s basketball roster

If we cannot add any other top players this year, what kind of starting lineup are we looking at? I am just guessing as the only girls I have watched in actual games are the 4 retuning subs from last year. I made up my own roster since the University website does not do its job. I actually came up with 11 girls, so more than I thought:

5-7 PG JR Hennessy Luu-Brown 2 years remaining

5-9 PG JR Cori Lard 2 years remaining

6-0 SG FR Lakresha Edwards 4 years remaining

6-2 F GS Jadyn Scott I year remaining

6-1 F GS Jada Scott 1 year remaining

6-1 F FR Amber Tretter 4 years remaining

5-8 SG FR Madison Huhn 4 years remaining

5-8 SG JR Clare Chambers 2 years remaining

6-1 SF JR Jessie Dae 2 years remaining

5-11 F Soph Riley Neal 3 years remaining

6-1 C JR Katey Richason 2 years remaining

So here is my best guess of a possible lineup

PG Lard

SG Edwards

SF Jada Scott

PF Jadyn Scott

C Amber Tretter

I would expect Katy Richason to play a lot of minutes at Center, I think Tretter can also be a power forward. Likely Luu-Brown will play plenty of minutes at point guard. Who wins the battle for backup playing time on the wings is up in the air. This is just a guess on my part, but an educated guess from watching some of the girls play in the past and looking at tapes and reading resumes.

I think where this roster needs help is on the wings where we could really use someone who can put the ball on the floor and score ( like a Peyton Scott or Maddy Cluse, that type of player).

It is my understanding he will have a full roster of 13.

1 Like

A full scholarships is actually 15 for women’s D1 basketball.

I am not sure that Hendrix ever used the full limit.

A lot of room to add players this year and next.

I know Box has had a couple of good 2024 Ohio prospects in for visits already.

1 Like

I have been told by someone who knows, that the roster will be 13. Told that this morning. I am aware they have 15 scholarships for women. By full roster, I meant our womens team will have a roster of 13.

1 Like

Do you know who we are recruiting?

1 Like

Jamisyn Stinson and Emily Bratton are two who have been on campus according to their Twitter feeds.

They play together on the same AAU team.

https://twitter.com/JamisynStinson1/status/1662174810485530626

https://twitter.com/emily_bratton_/status/1665895945920290817

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Miami announced a new player on the website today. They certainly didnt over sell it

1 Like

Understated to say the least. Seems like she’s a one year rental so we have bodies.

My mistake. I made the (wrong) assumption that she was coming from a collegiate program. Great, she has four years to play for us.

wholeheartedly agree!

I wonder if the new staff even knows of our little european “branch” campus in Luxembourg? Euro rail travel can have one of the staff in sooo many different countries recruiting!

Late additions are thus far playing out as I predicted.

3 Likes

2023-2024 roster is up with 13 players as I reported it would be:

1 Like

Right on the money. 4 appear to be seniors so at least 4 potential scholarship for 2024 class.

I believe the staff is on the road evaluating talent and recruiting this weekend.

This staff is dialed in.

30% of the roster is international players. Looks like our Field Hockey,Tennis and Hockey teams. The MAC Olympics! Let’s win, baby!

1 Like

“Velkome to our chateau. I am your recruiting hostess, Frau Blücher.”

Jordan Tuff, who went through the Senior day ceremonies, is staying as a graduate student. So we wiil have 3 graduate students, all of whom are transfers from UC. We also will be an international roster with a girl from China, one from Europe, and Two from Canada. Our “local”players include one girl from Ohio, one from Kentucky, and two from Indiana. Of the 5 girls who were on the roster last year, none were starters. All this points to just how difficult a situation the staff was given to work with.

The Juro Jimenez announcement is one of the least exciting introductions of a new player I have ever seen. Not picking on the girl, but maybe the coaching staff could have played her up a little more.

Almost like a summary of my high school career: “Averaged 4 points a game, but came off the bench to score a career high 8 points on 4 of 6 shooting against Such and such HS.”

“Max didn’t move well at all, but he was an effective stand-still shooter in that game. We’re excited to add him.”

2 Likes