‘23 Commits senior season

Absolutely Phil. This kid reminds me of Nathan Peavy ++++++. He is a true above the rim player who can handle the ball and get to the basket. He had two drives down the lane for what would have been massive tomahawk dunks, but for being fouled.

7 Likes

Wait, it’s January 15, and Kentucky is already running the state tournament?

1 Like

That’s gets me very amped! Love to hear it.

3 Likes

Chuck, I really have no clue how this playoff system works. They still have more games scheduled, so it’s either an in-season tournament named like a real state tournament, or Division 2 is just a stepchild. Schools always talk about “going downstate”, meaning the state tourney finals in Louisville. All very mysterious.

1 Like

Apparently Owensboro hosts Division 2A tournaments in all sports and it’s a big moneymaker for the city.

“The 2A Championships was designed to give smaller schools with enrollments between 600 and 1,000 students a unique opportunity to qualify and compete for a state championship.”

Evan Ipsaro and CovCath will participate in the typical season end tournament for the bigger schools.

I’m thinking of adding Owensboro to my bucket list. Mix some D2 bball with some flavorful burgoo.

“Owensboro is the culinary and cultural hub of western Kentucky, with a wide variety of wonderfully delicious, locally owned restaurants and a thriving arts community. No trip to Owensboro is complete without enjoying Owensboro’s signature hickory-smoked barbecue mutton and flavorful burgoo, sampling some of Kentucky’s finest bourbons, and exploring our ties to the roots of bluegrass music.”

2 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

It is a sports message board, with all of these posts at least being tangentially related to Miami fandom, if not directly related.

Let the poster do his thing, no need to get sassy and bring math into this sports board!!!

1 Like
1 Like

Landed that MVP with 29pts and 9 reb

1 Like
4 Likes
  1. I really appreciate these updates. They are fun to see.
  2. Wow! It is hard not to be very optimistic about what’s ahead for our program.
4 Likes

If you don’t follow Jack on Twitter, he does a great job covering Miami athletics. Here he does a pretty good job covering what was discussed above. Cooper is a solid combo guard who can pay either spot, but probably best creating offense from the 2 spot

3 Likes

Evan Ipsaro with 25 and 7 rebounds in 54-43 win over Lloyd Memorial.

1 Like

Mekhi Cooper with team high 20 in win over Lincoln Way West.

1 Like

Eian Elmer has 11 points and 9 boards as Taft (15-2) hands Akron Hoban it’s second loss of the season, 51-44.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Evan Ipsaro with 21 and 6 rebounds as 16-2 CovCath wins big game against 14-5 North Laurel and UK commit Reed Shepherd.