‘23 Commits senior season

Eian Elmer with 18 points and 11 boards in 103-63 win over Hughes Academy. Taft is 11-2, 5-0 in the Cincinnati Metro Athletic Conference.

2 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

Watching Mekhi’s videos and the success he is having, I am really looking forward to seeing him. Not the shooter/scorer that Ipsaro is, But he has more speed and quickness. Also, an excellent passer. A true PG!

It’s interesting—Steele has said he views Ipsaro as a true PG and Cooper as much more of a 2G

Evan Ipsaro with 14 in 74-38 win over Covington Holmes.

1 Like

Only having the videos put out of highlights, Ipsaro’s videos seem to show he is a score first PG. Cooper’s show more play making. However, the videos are a small sample size and tend to show scoring plays more than passes leading to an assist. If Coach Steele thinks that way about them, then who the hell am I to question him?
I will add that Ipsaro has a very good mid-range game which leads to many of his baskets. Good to see as has been discussed in other posts.

Yeah, I would have thought the same thing as you, but on the last Field of 68 call Coach said Ipsaro is a PG and Cooper more of a 2G. So I guess I trust him there too haha

1 Like

My theory: they recruited both, hoping to get one.

“F**k, they’re both coming!”

Sometimes the 6’2” kid grows three inches over the year and ends up as a forward.

1 Like

Bolingbrook beats Homewood-Flossmoor. Mekhi Cooper with 23.

2 Likes

Reece Potter with 18/9 in 54-38 win over Franklin-Simpson in 2A Championship game. Team advances to state tournament.

4 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Eian Elmer has 20 points,10 rebounds, 5 steals, 4 blocks as first place Taft beats Aiken 87-52.

4 Likes

Reece Potter has 16 points and 10 rebounds in 56-52 OT win over Calloway County. LexCath advanced to district final game today.

1 Like

Eian Elmer and Taft take down Chet Mason’s Brush Arcs at the Flyin’ to the Hoop Invitational in Dayton. Elmer with 16/9.

LexCath loses Division 2 Championship 40-39 to Mason County as last second shot misses. Reece Potter named to all tourney team.

2 Likes
1 Like

Our very own @Nickskin saw Elmer today in Dayton and had rave reviews

5 Likes