‘23 Commits senior season

Reece Potter with 11 and 4 in a 69-55 win over Louisville Male. Lexington Catholic has one loss this season.

Eian Elmer with 13 points, 11 rebounds and 4 blocks in 85-51 win over Walnut Hills. Sophomore center Kieran Grandville/Britten had 21 rebounds. Just sayin’, Travis.

1 Like

Elmer’s 11 rebounds and 4 blocks are very impressive.

1 Like
1 Like

Wait… are you insinuating that Rice is in a P5 conference

They did use to be a member of the old Southwest conference which was a power conference in it’s day.

And the University of the South used to be in the SEC. Not sure what a conference that hasn’t existed for nearly 3 decades has to do with Rice currently being in CUSA, which isn’t a power conference. It’s a fun fact, but I think we’re pretty aligned that college athletics is night and day from 3 decades ago.

And again, I’m not sure what this has to do with the current HS seniors joining Miami Men’s Basketball.

1 Like

This crowd is hopeless.

You’re just now noticing that? :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for continuing to share updates. I’m trying to remember the last time we signed a big man who was so dominate in HS. I still expect some transition to college, but I think he could be pretty good throughout his Miami career.

4 Likes

Latest Kentucky rankings - Covington Catholic is #2 and Lexington Catholic is #3.

I’d say Julian Mavunga was Miami’s most recent post player who was dominant in high school. Tho Julian maybe wouldn’t be labeled as a big man since he was “only” 6’8” or so. Someone 6’10” or taller? Probably Danny Moore or Jay Locklier.

1 Like

Pretty nice career for Julian!

Hated to lose Danny Moore.

2 Likes

Can’t find the final box score, but Potter broke 1000 career points tonight

3 Likes

“I really think he has the potential to make money one day playing basketball. He’s that good."

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Evan Ipsaro with 24 points, 9 rebounds but CovCath loses second game of season to Conner, 64-58.

1 Like

Eian Elmer is fifth in Cincinnati area for rebounds per game.

Evan Ipsaro is fourth in scoring average, fourth in free throw percentage and fifth in field goal percentage (!) in Northern Kentucky.

4 Likes
1 Like