‘23 Commits senior season

LexCath upset by Frederick Douglass 43-41. Finishes season at 32-3.

“Lexington Catholic (32-3) got a game-high 19 points to go with eight rebounds and three blocks from 7-foot center Reece Potter. Potter had eight of those points as the Knights stretched their advantage in the third quarter. Six other LexCath players scored, but none reached double figures.”

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-school/article272683000.html#storylink=cpy

And then there was one (maybe)…

2 Likes
3 Likes

Kotecki-less St. Ignatius loses to Chicago powerhouse Simeon, 60-42.

This concludes the commits’ state tournament portion of the show.

2 Likes

For what its worth, Kotecki did play this AM. I wasnt watching closely but it seemed his minutes were limited and I did not see him score.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Great job doing this all season. Really appreciate the effort and enjoy the info/videos/etc.

7 Likes

Agreed - nice to know what’s on the horizon.

3 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

Kentucky Mr. Basketball announced tonight at Rupp. Favorite is Travis Perry who demolished state scoring records this season. Already named KY Gatorade POTY

UPDATE-Reed Sheppard, UK commit, wins award.

Eian Elmer named to D2 all-Ohio First Team!

9 Likes
2 Likes

The Lexington Player of the Year goes to Lexington Catholic’s Reece Potter, a 7-foot center committed to Miami (Ohio). Potter led the Knights with 17.9 points and 8.7 rebounds per game in helping them to the 43rd District title and 11th Region finals.

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-school/article273581905.html#storylink=cpy

3 Likes

Elmer won the Cincinnati public schools dunk contest. Don’t footage of the event along with plenty of Elmer highlights were featured on Instagram: @shotbyanth on Instagram: "CPS Dunk Contest was 🔥🔥 @iamcpsathletics"

5 Likes

Kotecki Highlights. Does a great job cutting to the basket and shoots well enough from outside to keep his defender from sinking too deep.

3 Likes

Watched some videos–again. Like his size at 6’9"-6’10". Moves very well for size and age. Exactly what we need which is a post player with size and toughness. Good hands and feet. Blocks shots. Effective from 3.
That’s good enough for me!

1 Like

This is the best video I have seen of him. He is going to get some minutes right away and is going to be part of the solution. He looks like a natural power forward who can also play some center. Thanks for posting Jive.

4 Likes

Eian Elmer and Evan Ipsaro to face each other in BSN Ohio-Kentucky All Star game.

5 Likes

Not the main point here, but:

Talawanda has two seniors going on to play D-1 women’s basketball, and neither is going to Miami? What on Earth?

1 Like