‘23 Commits senior season

Reece Potter with 13/4 and 4 blocks as LexCath wins headliner regional semi matchup with Georgetown Great Crossing 48-42. Miami interest Vince Dawson with game high 21 for GC.

3 Likes

Worth noting that he also held Malachi Moreno to 6 points

3 Likes
2 Likes

Very nice shooting form, which is unusual for a young 7 footer.

2 Likes

Come the fall in practice, I would love to see Steele run these five freshmen recruits out on the floor against 5 of our returning players and see how they do.

2 Likes

Trail by 10 at halftime. Ipsaro held to 7 points.

Ipsaro with 21/4 and 4 assists in upset loss.

1 Like

They worked the ball perfectly after the missed ft, and got off a pretty good shot for the potential tie.

Not disappointed in Ipsaro but In how he was used. I expected to see our future point guard but he doesn’t play the point for them. Cov Cath also doesn’t really run plays for him or try to screen for him. He didn’t especially look for his shot, either. He didn’t get aggressive until the last minute when Cov Cath was frantically fouling to try and get back in it. On a couple missed free throws by Cooper in that last minute he went end to end and attacked the rim, making layups that allowed his team to get within three and a shot at the buzzer to tie.

After all the hype I expected more from him but he’s obviously talented and has a solid build and good speed. I went expecting to report that I had seen our next PG. He may be but hard to say based on what I saw today.

1 Like

2 Likes

But I appreciate his honesty.

2 Likes

Cincy Taft w/ Elmer also knocked out tonight.

For what it’s worth the game I saw in person earlier this year he played the point exclusively. I believe he had 32 and was their main playmaker as well.

1 Like

We also recruited two guys that can play PG…so, there’s that.

1 Like

Miami men’s BB has some serious ready-to-go players inbound. Things are going to get better next year and the year thereafter, and thereafter, and thereafter…

1 Like

Taft loses to Alter 46- 43.

Key performers

Eian Elmer: A force down low for Taft, the senior had 14 points and 8 rebounds. He was a perfect 8-for-8 at the free-throw line.

Hudson Norton: The senior matched Elmer with a team-high 14 points. He connected twice from the perimeter and also grabbed 7 rebounds.

Anthony Ruffolo: The Alter senior had 13 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 steals.

7 Likes
4 Likes

‘He’s the best guard in the state.’ Evan Ipsaro leaves a legacy of versatility at CovCath

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/high-school/kentucky-high-school/2023/03/06/covington-catholic-senior-guard-evan-ipsaro-best-guard-in-kentucky/69844025007/

2 Likes
2 Likes