‘23 Commits senior season

SIU and Merrimack. I’d be a bit disappointed if they were in this incoming class over anyone else. She’s not a great in-game coach, but Coach Hendrix seems to have put together a solid recruiting class.

If we were arguing about 2 girls from Hamilton I would probably agree but a true local might be neat for the local crowd

1 Like

Madison French, a 5-11 guard from Lakota East is on that list, and she is part of our incoming class. Barring some transfer portal newcomer, French may replace Ivy Wolf as a starting guard.

1 Like

Agree to disagree. D1 athletics, imo, should be based on getting the best possible talent on your team, not the closest players. It was cool having Mo Thomas because he made an impact. What good does it do adding someone from Talawanda just to sit the bench and be a non-factor. Doesn’t seem like that would interest the locals very much… Football has had a couple walkons from there post-Mo and nobody has said a word because they haven’t been on the field.

3 Likes

Amazingly, Hamilton has always been across the border - UK and OSU country - never home to a big Miami fan base.

2 Likes

When Jerry Peirson was coach, he told me that if you’re going to recruit a local player you better play him unless, of course, he’s just happy to have a spot and an occasional few minutes to do what he does best.

3 Likes

OH/KY “all-star” game played yesterday. Most of the top players from Ohio did not participate. Kentucky was without Reed Shepard (KY), Chandler Starks, Reese Potter and Evan Ipsaro (originally scheduled to play). Ohio without: Devin Royal, Dylan Swain, Gabe Capps, GWIII, LA Hayes, Marlon Barnes…

Only Miami player to participate was Eian Elmer who finished with 7 points

2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Eian Elmer named D2 POTY in Cincinnati region by Enquirer.

7 Likes
3 Likes

One of the things Steele mentioned is we had a lot of players who liked basketball and some who love it, but very few had basketball as their life. I think doing things like this prove that Ipsaro lives basketball. Yes, he’s getting paid (one of the better things to come from the new NIL rules), but camps take a lot of time and effort. If basketball isn’t life, it sucks to put one on. I believe I saw another incoming freshman running one. Maybe Potter?

Reece Potter named to Kentucky HS Seniors team for three game series in June, two against Indiana all-stars. One game against Kentucky juniors team that includes Miami offers Trent Noah, Damone King and Kade Unseld.

1 Like

Had a pretty dominate game

1 Like

Playing again tonight. Reece with game high 8 rebounds at halftime.

1 Like

Game high +/- of 35!

And the guy that replaced him for 13 minutes was a -31. That could be luck but it could be the most exciting box score I have ever seen

2 Likes

5 blocks also a plus.

1 Like