'22 Recruiting

I believe we just received a verbal. OL I think.

1 Like

We did, not sure who yet!

1 Like

The newest RedHawk commit is *** Brandon Lawhorn Moore. 6’5 290 lb OL from Pennsylvania. Had a handful MAC offers, as well as some FCS offers.

2 Likes

Awesome pickup. I was just about to post this. Welcome aboard!

HIGHLIGHTS:

Moore was 1st team all conference and 1st team all state in PA.

1 Like

Miami extends a late offer to Joe Humphreys, a 6’3 200 lb QB from KY. Joe was just on campus recently for a visit. Really like his film as he shows some nice wheels to go along with a good arm. He was also just recently offered by New Mexico

1 Like

6’4" and runs a 4.47 and benches 305 according to his Hudl page.

That looks like something to work with.

Impressive arm and touch. Doens’t miss a wide open WR 30-40 yds downfield. Speed. Size. Good looking qb prospect. Glad he’s involved with us. Be happy to have him.

1 Like

Humphreys will be announcing his commitment on Friday. No inside info, but it feels like this is trending in a good direction for Miami.

1 Like

Humphreys looks very solid on tape. He’d be an exciting addition. Do it, Joe!

1 Like

Keep an eye on Tyrone Tracy, the brother of Kenny and the incoming Javon. He’s a WR at Iowa, a team that doesn’t throw much. He could come, play with his brothers and step in to the soon to be open spot in the WR room. If he wants to be a pro, he needs to catch the ball. Brett would be very happy with another talent at WR.

4 Likes

15 catches for 106 yards this season; 66 for 871 over his career. He’s a fourth year junior, so a potential grad student. He was their #5 wide receiver this season, and three of the four ahead of him are returning next season (including two freshmen). Send the bagmen to Iowa City!

3 Likes

New commit coming. I think we know who…

1 Like

Dave, I admire your specificity. Having played the game, you clearly know what is needed.

1 Like

Joe Humphreys, QB, Owensboro, KY, 3 star, I’m just calling this one early! Welcome aboard!

2 Likes

There is a lot to like about Humphreys. Not only mobile, but legitimately fast. Shows a good arm and can throw well on the run. It will be fun to see him develop over the next couple of years.

1 Like

I agree. He has the physical tools, and if he has the patience and work ethic he could be something special in a couple seasons.

2 Likes

He has a very long stride. Noticed that the first time I watched his highlight video. Really like this verbal. And we absolutely should be signing a QB every class.

Welcome aboard! The QB room is really going to be full of freshmen and sophomores. The transfer portal is why we have to keep it well-stocked. One left already. Others could follow. It’s not like other positions. Only one really plays.

2 Likes