'22 Recruiting

Definitely an interesting development

I like where this is heading

Joshua Lukusa - gotta be

2 Likes

It is. His HS coach is a Redhawk and posted something on FB

It appear to be a Twitter post from the kid. However, I wonder if he took it down and wants to make a more formal announcement

1 Like
3 Likes

11 posts were split to a new topic: What’s in a name

Awesome get. Withrow HS is a good sign. It’s one of the original schools in the city. An absolute gem. Old Withrow at Miami was great. Coach D. Built a solid weight room there pre the fancy thing the kids have today.

3 Likes

Some big commits late and I’m loving it. Humphreys will be a stud at QB and Lukusa will be great on the DL!

2 Likes

Again, it appears quite apparent this coaching staff can recruit very well. They’re getting all three stars with ratings mostly above 82. The still unresolved question is can they coach them to consistent 10-2, 9-3 or even 8-4 seasons instead of hovering around 6-6.

3 Likes

Lukasa, Malachi Clark, and Ashton Duncan are exactly what we need on the DL. Great gets. One more interior DL get would be great. Staff really closing strong!!

5 Likes

We could do with adding a big RB to this class. That to me remains a need.

4 Likes

Absolutely. A Lew Nichols knockoff.

Ain’t no one complaining, in fact it is the opposite- this is a big get for the Red Hawks!

Check out his size, plus an offer from UC! Certainly don’t see any complaining here!

1 Like

Which ones are projected as interior guys in this group?

Lukusa (not Lukasa, we should try and get it right) flipped from Toldeo, right…that’s pretty solid…did we offer late?

I was surprised he was at Toledo with all their Edge offers and/or edge players on their roster? Anyway seems like a great signing.

1 Like

I would guess Clark is definitely interior. The other two, I suppose it depends on how they develop their bodies and our needs.

1 Like

Because I deleted that post.

Very happy to have him. Getting ends with that length always helps.

1 Like

I’m going to guess Clark will be interior and the other two will be ends. Duncan could bulk and move inside, but the results we’ve had from doing that haven’t been great. Adding 40lbs quickly seems to have caused a decent number of injuries to the ends we’ve tried it with. Duncan does look to have the frame for it though if that’s something that was discussed.

Clark looks a big get…and need!

2 Likes

Pretty sure Duncan will start off as a TE here

4 Likes

It looks like Miami is going to land a top 7 Group of 5 recruiting class! I’m not counting UC, UCF, BYU or Houston as Group of 5.

3 Likes