from Northside Christian in Columbus.

2 Likes

From Fenwick High School

2 Likes

Think this kid is a 2024.

You are correct, sir.

1 Like

Off topic:

Call me crazy, but I don’t like the trend of possible recruits wearing a Miami uniform during a visit.

Once you commit and enroll, then you earn the right to wear one. Not before.

Ok, you’re crazy.

5 Likes

Do kids have to go through a photo shoot?

2 Likes

Just about every school is doing this on recruiting visits. Makes the kids feel wanted and already invested in the program. I have no problem with it.

4 Likes

Understand the logic, makes sense from a marketing standpoint

2 Likes

Glad to see the concentration on the Miami Valley. Centerville has been a hot basketball program the past several years - producing some legit D1 talent. . The school used to be a Miami pipeline for high-performing high school students. Is there any evidence we do much recruiting there?

1 Like

Doubtful…I’m sure they all elect to…

It all seems like a weird episode of Toddlers & Tiaras to me. You bring in recruits, dress them up in Miami uniforms, take their picture, and blast those pictures all over social media. That said, if that’s what it takes and that’s the trend, then so be it.

1 Like

This is such a gate keeping, get-off-my-lawn take. So yes, I’ll join @Grumpy in calling you crazy.

You can’t say you want the team to act like a family, then say, “you’ll get treated like an outsider until you drink the kool aid.” No, I want their phone background to be them in a Miami jersey. Every time their friends text them, I want them to see that background and think, “damn, I look good in a Miami jersey. Coach Steele and the staff really treated me with respect, were honest about how I fit into the program, and if I were to commit, I know exactly what’s expected.”

You know what things are associated with the sales tactics of you’ll find out more once you buy in? Cults, politicians, and scams. I’d rather not have the Miami brand aligned with those, but if you want to, so be it.

9 Likes

The kid, individuals are tweet’n this out as well…so I mean come on, they are not forcing them to put the Jerseys on…

PS

Again…unlikely this happens without the current movement. It’s almost like the local media are paying attention again :wink:

3 Likes

You forgot Multi-level marketing, or maybe that’s covered under scams. :thinking:

2 Likes

If only Miami was in a position to be that exclusive.

1 Like

Those kids look so young, making me feel older.

And modestly shorter shorts are becoming more widespread, the continuation of the recent trend.

1 Like

Lakota East. Need to talk to lighting guy, shadows seem very harsh:)

2 Likes