2025 Football Recruiting Thread

We are now first in the MAC with the Orozco commit–our 20th. UT 2nd with 13. OU with a rousing 3–yes, 3–commits.

3 Likes

Three, but they play both ways.

Hopefully we have room for one more quality OLine commitment. Other than that I would be hard pressed to see any need for this class which has not been addressed.

3 Likes

24/7 now says we have the 69th overall class - second among G5 schools behind only USF.

5 Likes

Post deleted by author

1 Like

Miami DB commit Khory Moss is currently playing on ESPN for Rabun Gap

3 Likes

Avery made a hosted visit to Michigan over the weekend.

Michigan looking to possibly poach a 3 star committed to a G/5 school. Who knows if they’ll offer him but interesting. Ole’ Chuck and crew saw something earlier than most and now he’s getting lots of looks. Worried about how “committed” he really is. If Chuck’s true to form if an commit goes elsewhere the offer is yanked is what I believe I’ve seen before. We’ll see…transfer and NIL is a brave new world.

2 Likes

If any of our verbal recruits get a Michigan offer then they will be going to Michigan. Maybe we can get them again in their first transfer

2 Likes

That may be true but I speak with a lot of parents who want recruiting info & advice. One thing I’ve been advising parents is to send your kid to a place where they can get on the field in their first 2 years. If they can’t then there’s a real risk that they’ll be cut. New reality - go where you can play early and be impactful and cash in at your next stop.

2 Likes

Years ago, when I was in grad school, I got hired by a major school supply company to be their mascot. They paid me big money ($200 bucks a visit because I was in Georgia, and it was dangerous work to wear that furry outfit due to the heat) and I would go to high schools to “rap with the kids/have a skull session with the kids/whatever the hell they called it. Anyhow, I’d talk about the usual shit: don’t do drugs, stay in school, don’t do dirty deeds, whatever. And you know what I learned? Kids don’t listen! They do what they want. I bet it’s way worse today.

3 Likes

Two things are at play, I think. First, is that Avery is really blowing it up his first few games this year and might be rising up the ratings. Second is that Michigan might be really struggling in recruiting since it’s up in the air that any new recruits will ever be eligible for the playoffs during their time there. Michigan’s been served with their “notice of allegations,” and if that suggested they were going to get a slap on the wrist and some show causes for coaches who left for the NFL, they would have leaked it in second.

On the other hand, they could just cash in out of high school at a P4 school. They can always transfer to a G5 school later if it doesn’t work out.

If they start at a G5 school, there’s a good chance they don’t see the field in their first two years either because it’s really hard to see the field in your first two years at any school.

1 Like

True but I’m talking about fringe players at low lvl P4 who won’t see much of anything $ wise out of HS (still not convinced House will be approved as-is).

2 Likes

This is going to be a 2026 recruiting note, about a TE, Cooper McCutchan, out of Moeller. Just received an offer from Texas A&M, which would make him hard to get, but he’s from Cincinnati, and his family is originally from Oxford. (His grandmother was my English teacher at Talawanda).

4 Likes

According to Mr. Skanes he has received an offer from Michigan State. Personally I think he would look great in red. I don’t think green suits him.

Green suits no one

According to “Badgers Wire” Wisconsin has also offered Cairo Skanes. When I said that he looked better in red this is not what I meant!

2 Likes