2024 total solar eclipse

I’m assuming a lot of us are in the path of totality since it covers a large part of Ohio and Indiana. I’ll get 2 minutes and 51 seconds of darkness between 1:36 and 1:39 pm (CDT).

https://eclipse-explorer.smce.nasa.gov/

3 Likes

I live in the 99th percentile path. Considering trying to drive the 15 miles to reach totality, but weather conditions will need to be favorable, as will traffic.

“You flew your Learjet up to Nova Scotia to see the total eclipse of the sun” keeps ringing in my ears.

3 Likes

I mentioned these lyrics to my barber last week. (BTW, he should give me a discount). He was not familiar with the lyrics, but knew the song.

Definitely worth it, the difference between 99% and 100% is quite significant (or so I’ve been told)

2 Likes

You probably think this post is about you. ( Someone had to do it )

1 Like

A mere 50-mile drive to the west and I would get 4 minutes and 15 seconds of darkness, but it might take 5 hours to get home.

2 Likes

Well especially after the aliens invade and the power is cut. Or so says Twitter at least.

I just walk out of the office and there’s a whole party starting at noon on the main lawn for the full show. Just need to clouds to part enough.

And if you’re wondering, it worked for the Wizard of Oz

3 Likes

3 Likes

You’re so vain!

1 Like

3 Likes

This might be the highest ranking the MAC has ever had in anything!

2 Likes

Pretty cloudy here in central Texas. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

To those in the path of totality, let me know how the attack on the Fire Nation goes.

1 Like

Here’s a totaled Eclipse

3 Likes

New Bremen is 3 min 58 sec.

2 Likes

Now somebody just needs to to call for an old Pacer

Watching on local TV - WXIX Channel 19 is live in Oxford. Looks like a lot of people uptown. I heard the traffic in 27 is crawling

1 Like

It was extremely cloudy in the Austin area, but about 12 minutes before totality the clouds parted. It got dark enough for the street lights to come on and for a few stars to come out. I saw the corona (not the beer) and it was spectacular.

1 Like