2024 total solar eclipse

5 Likes

Just experienced totality in downtown Toledo on the roof of my 10 story building. It was even better than expected, totally worth the hype. It was amazing that even with 99% of the sun covered, it was still light, but when that last one percent got covered, it turned dark fast. What a memory.

And, we timed up the album Dark Side of the Moon perfectly, with the line “but the sun is eclipsed by the moon” hitting during totality. Perfection.

10 Likes

Probably even better in Clinton, NY!

Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park, not too far from Oxford, at totality,

5 Likes

They all bussed up to the shores of Lake Ontario. Now they are all going to Utica to see USA v. Canada

1 Like

I thought it was fascinating how much the temperature dropped. That big old ball of gas has some serious heating power.

5 Likes

The eclipse with Venus in the bottom corner from Dayton

4 Likes

I’ve been looking at it with glasses.

Nothing.

That was our main takeaway too. The biggest oohs and ahhhs came when the sun started to reappear with that big flare and the glasses went back on.

Heatherwoode Golf Course

4 Likes

We were in the total area. My wife and I and my Miami roommate and his wife watched from my front lawn. Very amazing. Street lights and my solar landscape lights came on. A chill came quickly. It was incredible watching the darkness approaching across a field. I was more impressed than I thought I would be.

3 Likes

I’m laughing at all the end of days Twitter people who are once again goose egged. Buy food and water. False flag! End of times! It was all over my feed yesterday but I guess that’s what Twitter has become?

Uploading: image.jpeg…

somewhere near eaton ohio at totality. was eerie for sure.

1 Like

Miami’s LinkedIn page has some great photos of the eclipse.

Cool.The game in that 5,000 seat Utica rink was the the highlight of Brian’s hockey experience. They tied Utica 2-2. Afterwards I told the kid he’d finally played at the real deal - a ticketed sold out AHL rink with a pregame team intro light show on a snowy night where they sell beer. PRICELESS!

BTW - I followed Carly throughout the season. Looks like she kept her head down, kept a positive attitude and evolved into a regular on the Blue Line on a very good team - as a first year. Good plus/minus numbers and she stayed out of the box. Going to have a solid career there!

4 Likes

I was happy to join Dick in New Bremen for the eclipse. Great viewing!

4 Likes