2024 Softball Season

Yeah where is Theman when you need him to call for a firing?

3 Likes

Still ranked #31 in the Massey rankings as of today.

1 Like

#30 today in the Massey Rankings…second among mid majors behind Louisiana, who we beat earlier in the season in Norman. Rare air!

3 Likes

Bartholomew with a two out three run blast in the first at Akron today. 4-0 just like that!

1 Like

13-5 Miami bottom of 6. 5 HR so far today - two by Barthomew, two by Kobayashi and one by Cummins. Murderers Row!

3 Likes

Final 13-5 : run rule win in 6.

Miami moves to 14-0 in the MAC and 32-6 overall.

4 Likes

19 in a row.

2 Likes

Ranked #24 by Softball America, although that appears to be a straw poll among a couple writers working there, not an actual full on poll. Still great recognition though.

#41 in the new RPI rankings. The two primary polls come out tomorrow.

3 Likes

#31 in the Massey.

1 Like

28/27 in this week’s polls.

31 votes in NFCA (25th had 57). 29 votes in USAS (25th had 47).

Getting closer and closer.

3 Likes

Longest win streak in MAC history. Currently the longest winning streak in the nation. Rank us, you cowards!

1 Like

They’re ranked. #24

Ranked for the first time in program history

3 Likes

Good start but the ultimate goal is to crack the D1softball and RPI T25

1 Like

D1softball is a website power ranking. Nice recognition if you can get it, but not too important. The goals should be to reach the top 25 in the two major polls and the top 32 in the RPI rankings.

1 Like

Yes. Really want to be a 2 seed in regionals.

6 Likes

My wife and I went to the Miami vs Ball State doubleheader. What an exciting atmosphere and games they are. Kudos to our great women’s softball team, they deserve our support.

8 Likes

Critical double header - in terms of national rankings - coming up on Tuesday with Eastern Kentucky. Colonels are 32-5 with a 6-0 win over Louisville.

If the NCAA Regional was seeded today I think it would look very similar to the one we played in two or three years ago:

Virginia Tech
Northwestern
Kentucky
Miami

It better not. We’d be the 4 seed in this bracket.

2 Likes