2024 NCAA Tournament

Get it for a buck,
Get it for a buck…

A DJ Burns Jr vs Mirambeaux matchup would be fun to watch.

4 Likes

I would not want to get between the two.

I think DJ was what we were hoping Andy would be.

2 Likes

I think Andy was, but only to the extent he could be. Andy did a great job for us but to be fair, there’s a bit of a jump up to the NC State cat.

We were hoping that based on his limited minutes and 1.5 pts per game at Cleveland State?

1 Like

I’m not sure Andy had the competitive drive or rugged physical presence Burns developed, although I understand Burns had to be benched once to get his attention.

Like Mirambeaux, Burns wasn’t really the quintessential P5 player. He spent his Freshman year at Tennessee but didn’t play and wasn’t going to be part of their formula going forward. He transferred to Winthrop and played two years in the Big South before going to NCSU. There were a lot of similarities in body type and style of play.

If it comes to pass, Edey vs Clingan will be the real clash of Titans.

The fact the former X assistant Pat K revitalized him is pretty cool and he has close ties to our coach who finds great talent in his own right.

1 Like

Feels weird rooting for Alabama, but here I am.

2 Likes

As my grandmother used to say “coo coo coo let’s get ‘dem dukes.” It’s all good. Nate O is a great coach. They play well!

Sears made a pretty good decision moving to Bama after three seasons at Ohio.

Definite MAC coaching legacy between UConn and Alabama - both Oates and Hurley are former HC at Buffalo.

Different Hurley.

2 Likes

Bobby Hurley, not Dan Hurley, was at Buffalo.

Which Hurley is the biggest cry baby?

Elizabeth Hurley?

2 Likes

Danny

Bobby.

Got confused by a graphic the showed earlier. I’m easily dazed and confused these days.

True Story – around 10 years ago, my wife, me & DICK had courtside seats at Miami men’s games.

There was a stoppage in play and one of the refs was standing right in front of us. Across the court Bobby Hurley was wailing, crying, and complaining to one of the other refs. DICK & I both said to the ref in front of us “Don’t pay attention to Hurley – he is a jackass”.

The MAC ref in front of us turned and said: “ Yeah we know”

4 Likes

That’s what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age. ~ NESCACDAD

1 Like