2024 NCAA Tournament

I would love to play NC State, if only to see Mirambeaux match up with Burns Jr.

5 Likes

Seth Davis is normally a moron, but pointing out that Kansas wasn’t going to be able to play an up and down game at elevation with a short bench was a legitimately great insight.

2 Likes

I was thinking about him as well watching that game! NC Stsre looks good.

1 Like

We loved Coach Kevin Keatts during his years here at UNCW. Heard him speak at a couple of pre-game events. The man can coach. Being in the shadows of Duke and UNC makes NC State a tough place to win.

1 Like

Burns would murder Anderson before the first TV timeout… the gap between the two is WIDE

3 Likes

The $33 million buyout doesn’t help either. Lots of coaches have talked about how in CBB, age can mean more than talent at times. Oakland had some 23 and 24 y/os that went out and did it. Kentucky had some 18 and 19 y/os who crapped their pants. Calipari brought it up, but he’s the one who put the roster together in the first place.

1 Like

The guy won a nati and obviously has had many elite 8 and final 4 squads, but that’s not good enough in Lexington which in a way is silly, but I guess what the result of loads of winning does to fans.

Speaking of winning. Cleveland is winning. Look at this gem I found:

2 Likes

Sort of like sumo wrestling in the low post.

1 Like

Burns seems far more physical.

Just about time for Sankey to demand limiting mid-major access so that the SEC can get multiple auto bids.

1 Like

Similarly, Coach K had that famous “They’re men” press conference quote after Mercer upset Duke in the 1st round several years ago. Well, yeah… Mercer had men on their team because they had juniors and seniors who played together for years. That’s how it works. That wasn’t Mercer’s fault then and it’s not Oakland’s fault now.

2 Likes

Almost looked to me like that Witherspoon kid might have been trying to throw the game for FAU. Half hearted attempt to score in regulation and a very bad shot selection to start the OT. I certainly hope I’m wrong.

It was a weird ending but Northwestern was getting 4 so he would have been better off ending with a bucket

I see it all the time though in the NBA and college. Tie game and instead of trying to drive and win with a two everyone wants to shoot the contested three. Darius Garland of the Cavs is the one I see do it the most. That is what I think happened but he didnt expect to get doubled

SEC is now 1-5 despite being the better seed in every game.

1 Like

8 lower seeds are winners already! Only 10 perfect brackets left out of more than 22 million!

I chose all 11s/12s in one pool. 5 out of 8 correct this time……

6 Likes

All perfect brackets were gone after the TCU vs Utah State game went final so zero perfect one’s left going into the St Mary’s game.

Does anyone remember the last time only two Ohio teams - neither of them Ohio State, Cincinnati or Xavier - and only one Indiana team made the field of 68?

A couple more strange pieces seem to be only one team from Tennessee - no Memphis, Vanderbilt, or MTSU - and just three teams from California - none of them from the PAC-12.

1 Like

Any more the 12 over 5 upset is seemingly a stone cold lock.

1 Like

12-5 has always been my favorite.

Who knew?

1 Like